The Digital Switchover in 2011

Quint

Obviously most people are aware analogue television will be switched off next year and be replaced with digital. I just wondered how many people still have the bog standard 5 channels?

My guess is most people will already have Sky, Freesat, Freeview, Etc - yet i could be wrong!

Freeview here, hardly view it heh mostly internet based for me. They better fix that transmitter before it happens as at the moment the weather has to be very spacific for it to work at all. Mostly a blocky mess. When it does work, it cant be rainy, snowy, or sunny. And even then alot of channels are just black screen.

BBC will have no excuse next year, they can scramble their garbage tv stations for those that don't want to pay for rubbish.

• 1 month later...

No choice. Got to have freesat and the Council are currently installing communal dishes for use ............ charging extra for cabling to other rooms, been quoted by TVSAS just under £150 for adding on 2 rooms! Talk about kerching! Doubtless to say I have made alternative enquiries :)

BBC will have no excuse next year, they can scramble their garbage tv stations for those that don't want to pay for rubbish.

The evil men and women at the BBC are already pushing heavily for a tax on all computer users, through a compulsory Internet broadband fee. This would replace the hated BBC TV Licence after the digital switchover in 2012.

Archived