The Digital Switchover in 2011

Quint

BBC will have no excuse next year, they can scramble their garbage tv stations for those that don't want to pay for rubbish.

Out of interest, what shows would you regard as "not rubbish"? Which shows do you watch?

The evil men and women at the BBC are already pushing heavily for a tax on all computer users, through a compulsory Internet broadband fee. This would replace the hated BBC TV Licence after the digital switchover in 2012.

Completely untrue.

• 1 month later...
Obviously most people are aware analogue television will be switched off next year and be replaced with digital. I just wondered how many people still have the bog standard 5 channels?

I switched to zero channels a few years ago. Best thing I ever did.

I watch about 2 shows a week on catch-up TV (which I'm legally allowed to do), other than that, nothing.

I switched to zero channels a few years ago. Best thing I ever did.

I watch about 2 shows a week on catch-up TV (which I'm legally allowed to do), other than that, nothing.

Me too, any tips on how to stop tv licencing sending about 30 letters a week on their endless "nice guy" you seem to have overlooked your tv licence - c'mon now lets not be silly - we know where you live (in gerry adams voice) - we're coming to kick your door down - back to nice guy cycle of junk mail despite telling them 7 times in writing i don't have a damn telly?

Archived