Book burning same as flag burning?

He's just trying to wind up the Muslim fanatics. Not very difficult as they always rise to the bait.

It's a funny thing that no religious nuts of any persuasion are passing fatwa's on Stephen Hawking as he's saying science proves there is no God at all, which rather makes a nonsense of the Koran, Bible and any other similar book you can think of.

He's just trying to wind up the Muslim fanatics. Not very difficult as they always rise to the bait.

It's a funny thing that no religious nuts of any persuasion are passing fatwa's on Stephen Hawking as he's saying science proves there is no God at all, which rather makes a nonsense of the Koran, Bible and any other similar book you can think of.

he is clever enough to only mention islam in passing

It depends on the book, I think. If the book is the Koran, the Bible or "Mein Kampf," for example, then I think it's the same as flag burning. They're all symbols of political, religious or social ideologies.

On the other hand, if you're burning copies of "The Catcher in the Rye" because you don't want people to read the F-word or "The DaVinci Code" because you think it's sacrilegious, then that's censorship.

I totally support freedom of speech, even it means tearing a flag, burning a book, immersing a crucifix in urine or other disrespectful acts. The idiot minister may light as many Korans as he pleases. I just hope he sets his pants on fire in the process.:roll:

It depends on the book, I think. If the book is the Koran, the Bible or "Mein Kampf," for example, then I think it's the same as flag burning. They're all symbols of political, religious or social ideologies.

On the other hand, if you're burning copies of "Catcher in the Rye" because you don't want people to read the F-word or "The DaVinci Code" because you think it's sacrilegious, then that's censorship.

I totally support freedom of speech, even it means tearing a flag, burning a book, immersing a crucifix in urine or other disrespectful acts. The idiot minister may light as many Korans as he pleases. I just hope he sets his pants on fire in the process.:roll:

Priceless...:hihi:

he is clever enough to only mention islam in passing

No he is trying to be clever, just like you are by having an avatar of some women with a username to make people think you are a women but the reality is that people are not as stupid as you think they are.

What was your previous username?

well i saw the god delusion and the only person that said he hated hawkins was a muslim fanatic.

Maybe out of conviction? Don't worry..there'll be many Christians who will hate him too (behind closed doors). The thing is with Christians though is they use scientific fact as Gods intention (handy eh?) Only a few hundred years ago you'd have had your eyes burnt out..if you were lucky.

Archived