Book burning same as flag burning?

Maybe out of conviction? Don't worry..there'll be many Christians who will hate him too (behind closed doors). The thing is with Christians though is they use scientific fact as Gods intention (handy eh?) Only a few hundred years ago you'd have had your eyes burnt out..if you were lucky.

omg out of conviction? excuse excuse excuse :roll:

I think there is a common denominator here.

If you express your views by setting fire to stuff, your views don't actually matter as you have the intellectual capacity of a boiled potato and the world really shouldn't pay you any more than a pitying glance .

I'm going to have a 'burning little baby Jesus' party. We are keeping the location secret until we have the media on board.

youd prolly be denounced as a muslim then tho by the other religious zealots?

and prolly by certain people on here?

sometimes books and flags are tantamount to being the same thing. They can both contain holy words.

the Saudi Arabian flag contains holy words in the Arabic language. Though it is not disrepectful in Islam to burn flags or Korans, and it is in fact the Islamic way to correctly and solemnly/respectfully to dispose of worn ones, just like it is seen to be the appropriate way to dispose of official United States of America flags, it would be disrespectful in the extreme to walk over with your feet a Saudi flag, or a Koran.

that's why the Saudis officially complained to FIFA not so long back, about having produced footballs with pictures of their flag on it.

They wouldn't have minded so much if the footballs had been burned, even though it has the Saudi flag with the holy words on it.

What they objected to was people using their feet, which in a lot of cultures - including theirs - is the lowest part of the body, coming into contact with their flag with contains holy words.

I think there is a common denominator here.

If you express your views by setting fire to stuff, your views don't actually matter as you have the intellectual capacity of a boiled potato and the world really shouldn't pay you any more than a pitying glance .

You're absolutely right. I was sat outside having a ciggy with my housemate earlier, and we mentioned this burning Koran 'Pastor' bloke. We both pointed out that we, in Sheffield UK, are in fact, discussing this man :confused:. So he has got what he wanted. Some attention!

For all you lot knows, I could be sat here now, typing this post, warming my toesies over 8 burning Korans, 9 Bibles and a few western/eastern flags ... who would know? who would care?, and who would I be disrespecting? (other than my landlady, who I suspect wouldn't like this, as it's a non-smoking house :hihi:).

If the guy wants to burns Korans let him do it, and no media film it. It'll just make him look like a sad loser.

Problem is, the media would film it, because the same people that it would excite/stimulate/arouse, buy the very same tat, that type of newspapers that have Katona and Jordan in them, and they sell.

Archived