Book burning same as flag burning?

Flag burning, especially the stars and stripes, has been going on for some time because they know their weakness (being the love of their country).

And now the weakness of the Islamic world IE: the burning of the Qua ran has been highlighted, does this mean we will be seeing more book burning incidents or threats, or is there something that can be done about it ?

And if we started to see the Union Jack getting burnt in the media would we see the Qua ran getting burnt here, causing civil unrest here ?

I think its the right wing Murdock media that has made this story a lot bigger than it is.

You're really dim here - you're suffering from the ridiculously stupid failure of logic that underpins all racist fools, i.e. extrapolating the behaviour of a small minority to cover the entire group.

I work in an area with a majority muslim population - none of whom to my knowledge have ever burnt flags, chanted 'kill, kill, kill' , used government funding to buy guns or killed women. They're regular people trying to live regular lives.

Of course, they're prone to the same human failings as anybody else, but your thinking is quite simply cretinous. There are non muslims that rape, murder, abuse women, abuse children and cheat and lie their way through life, as there are sadly in all races - but the unfortunate reality is that you suffer from a flaw in your psycholgical makeup that identifies all these problems with a particular minority group. You're not right in the head, or the soul and that's the truth of it. You're inadequate, you're flawed and as a human being, you've failed - you seek to project all that failure and jealousy, all that lack of hope and lack of empathy onto others.

I hope that you find some ease for whatever ails your bitter heart, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

The only problem being is that you are basing your answer on muslims that live here,take the blinkers off and cast your eyes on the centre of the muslim world and clock their behaviour,,they all live by the same rules of their holy book ,the difference being they know,for now,they cant get away with many things over here...give them time...take a look at the news feeds and see how many are taking to the streets in the eastern countries..they are not by any means a minority

The only problem being is that you are basing your answer on muslims that live here,take the blinkers off and cast your eyes on the centre of the muslim world and clock their behaviour,,they all live by the same rules of their holy book ,the difference being they know,for now,they cant get away with many things over here...give them time...take a look at the news feeds and see how many are taking to the streets in the eastern countries..they are not by any means a minority

Have you ever visited 'the centre of the muslim world' Noddy? Remember we're spoon fed the negative because guess what? It makes better headlines!

I started a thread months ago about Maj Geoffrey Langlands an 91yo, white, Christian teacher has taught in Pakistan for decades, and for the last 20 years has run a backwater school in Chitral, he educates the local kids, and many go on to university-he's much celebrated over there. If the centre of the Muslim world were as you describe he would have been burned/bombed out years ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/aug/10/geoffrey-langlands-pakistan-school

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-10809202

I'm sure Saudi Arabians are overwhelmed by daily news accounts of teenagers stabbing each other, taking drugs and challenging authority and wrongly believe it's typical of our young and a moral decline of the West.

You're really dim here - you're suffering from the ridiculously stupid failure of logic that underpins all racist fools, i.e. extrapolating the behaviour of a small minority to cover the entire group.

I work in an area with a majority muslim population - none of whom to my knowledge have ever burnt flags, chanted 'kill, kill, kill' , used government funding to buy guns or killed women. They're regular people trying to live regular lives.

Of course, they're prone to the same human failings as anybody else, but your thinking is quite simply cretinous. There are non muslims that rape, murder, abuse women, abuse children and cheat and lie their way through life, as there are sadly in all races - but the unfortunate reality is that you suffer from a flaw in your psycholgical makeup that identifies all these problems with a particular minority group. You're not right in the head, or the soul and that's the truth of it. You're inadequate, you're flawed and as a human being, you've failed - you seek to project all that failure and jealousy, all that lack of hope and lack of empathy onto others.

I hope that you find some ease for whatever ails your bitter heart, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

you would be right if we ever saw a not in my name peaceful march by the peaceful muslims, but that will never happen.

Have you ever visited 'the centre of the muslim world' Noddy? Remember we're spoon fed the negative because guess what? It makes better headlines!

I started a thread months ago about Maj Geoffrey Langlands an 91yo, white, Christian teacher has taught in Pakistan for decades, and for the last 20 years has run a backwater school in Chitral, he educates the local kids, and many go on to university-he's much celebrated over there. If the centre of the Muslim world were as you describe he would have been burned/bombed out years ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/aug/10/geoffrey-langlands-pakistan-school

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-10809202

I'm sure Saudi Arabians are overwhelmed by daily news accounts of teenagers stabbing each other, taking drugs and challenging authority and wrongly believe it's typical of our young and a moral decline of the West.

I used to know people like the Christian teacher you are talking about and they went out as missionary teachers and doctors. Christian Aid send out plumbers and builders etc and what happened in the case of the people I once knew is that people took everything you had to offer in the way of skills, knowledge and equipment but say anything they didn't like and you could be in deep trouble. The people I knew were all killed in the night in what then was the Belgium Congo, children as well, for they went out as families. There was only one man who survived and that was by pure chance because he had gone to another village. He has passed away now due to natural cause. We spent Christmas' together and I would tell you his name but it probably wouldn't be allowed.

I used to know people like the Christian teacher you are talking about and they went out as missionary teachers and doctors. Christian Aid send out plumbers and builders etc and what happened in the case of the people I once knew is that people took everything you had to offer in the way of skills, knowledge and equipment but say anything they didn't like and you could be in deep trouble. The people I knew were all killed in the night in what then was the Belgium Congo, children as well, for they went out as families.

the scars run deep dont they, im sorry for your loss and pain.

you would be right if we ever saw a not in my name peaceful march by the peaceful muslims, but that will never happen.

I disagree stackrock, why are moderate Muslims expected to go on marches to protest? How many non Muslims do that?

There are lots of things I feel strongly about and have never been on a march in my life, that's probably typical of most people.

There are Muslim organisations that regularly denounce terrorism and extremism, the Muslim Council of Great Britain (http://www.mcb.org.uk/) and the Quilliam Foundation (http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/) are two, however I've rarely seen their press releases covered by national media or their members offered TV interviews.

Archived