Book burning same as flag burning?

I used to know people like the Christian teacher you are talking about and they went out as missionary teachers and doctors. Christian Aid send out plumbers and builders etc and what happened in the case of the people I once knew is that people took everything you had to offer in the way of skills, knowledge and equipment but say anything they didn't like and you could be in deep trouble. The people I knew were all killed in the night in what then was the Belgium Congo, children as well, for they went out as families. There was only one man who survived and that was by pure chance because he had gone to another village. He has passed away now due to natural cause. We spent Christmas' together and I would tell you his name but it probably wouldn't be allowed.

Sorry to hear of your friends experiences Grahame, but Maj Langlands has been in Pakistan since 1944, he's an old man know, had some lary experiences but is alive and well.

I disagree stackrock, why are moderate Muslims expected to go on marches to protest? How many non Muslims do that?

There are lots of things I feel strongly about and have never been on a march in my life, that's probably typical of most people.

There are Muslim organisations that regularly denounce terrorism and extremism, the Muslim Council of Great Britain (http://www.mcb.org.uk/) and the Quilliam Foundation (http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/) are two, however I've rarely seen their press releases covered by national media or their members offered TV interviews.

Why don't they do something about it then bf?

im sick of pandering to nutters, we seem to have runaway appeasement a line needs to be drawn.

You've forgotten that Islam4UK were (rightly) banned after abusing our homecoming soldiers? I think this appeasement thing is overstated personally.

Why don't they do something about it then bf?

They are, but nobody's listening, they can't force there way into the national consciousness when extremists like Abu Hamza and this American pastor make better headlines.

Ive regularly visited the MCB website after the excesses of some Islamist and they are roundly condemned there, but rarely have I seen it reported.

You've forgotten that Islam4UK were (rightly) banned after abusing our homecoming soldiers? I think this appeasement thing is overstated personally.

The clue is in the title "Islam for UK"

They have hundreds of web sites and there aim is : -

"The only purpose of this site is to spread Islam to each and every corner by every means and communication possible and get mercy and blessing of one and only Lord ALLAH(swt)."

http://peperonity.com/go/sites/mview/islam4u.com

I disagree stackrock, why are moderate Muslims expected to go on marches to protest? How many non Muslims do that?

There are lots of things I feel strongly about and have never been on a march in my life, that's probably typical of most people.

There are Muslim organisations that regularly denounce terrorism and extremism, the Muslim Council of Great Britain (http://www.mcb.org.uk/) and the Quilliam Foundation (http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/) are two, however I've rarely seen their press releases covered by national media or their members offered TV interviews.

normally i would agree with that view, but the silence is deafening. one nutter says he will then wont burn the koran results in riots and shootings. 8 doctors murdered silence. i as you know could go on with many examples.

the MCB are more interested in appeasement, in my view.

The clue is in the title "Islam for UK"

They have hundreds of web sites and there aim is : -

"The only purpose of this site is to spread Islam to each and every corner by every means and communication possible and get mercy and blessing of one and only Lord ALLAH(swt)."

http://peperonity.com/go/sites/mview/islam4u.com

..and they were banned, stackrock said they were 'sick of pandering to nutters', well banning the nutters isn't pandering to them.

normally i would agree with that view, but the silence is deafening. one nutter says he will then wont burn the koran results in riots and shootings. 8 doctors murdered silence. i as you know could go on with many examples.

the MCB are more interested in appeasement, in my view.

Appeasement? If it means resolving differences through discussion rather than force or taking a contrary view then I'm all for it.

The pastor in the US is within his rights to burn the Koran if he wants to, but why is he doing it? There's no virtue in it. If he was shipwrecked on a desert island and only had copies of the Koran to use for firewood, then hell..burn the lot, but that isn't the case.

His actions are inflammatory (literally) and engineered to provoke a hostile reaction, just like that of the Muslim flag burners..it simply escalates and doesn't stop the hatred-if appeasement results in the world being a safer place for my kids to live in, then let's have more of it please.

..and they were banned, stackrock said they were 'sick of pandering to nutters', well banning the nutters isn't pandering to them.

You are talking about the political party but the same people are still active and the quote I gave said they will use "every means."

I know our English parties are far from perfect, but they haven't...........

I give up. There is no point talking to Muslim sympathisers.

You are talking about the political party but the same people are still active and the quote I gave said they will use "every means."

I know our English parties are far from perfect, but they haven't...........

Grahame, I was giving an example of us not pandering to extremists, by the banning of Islam4UK, whether the individuals are active or not is irrelevant, the organisation that provided their national platform has been censured.

I give up. There is no point talking to Muslim sympathisers.

..well you're not talking to one, and it's a shame you have to polarise our dialogue in those terms, perhaps that's a problem common to religious types.

Archived