Book burning same as flag burning?

Jesus separated himself from the Levite priests and condemned them and the Pharisees most severely. As I keep saying, I follow the teaching of Jesus.

Selective believing Grahame, that's how it appears to me.

Rather than bring about an end to Islam, the negative attitude of supposed enlightened Christians will only bring about the end of religion altogether after the majority get fed up of the intransigence in all of it.

Selective believing Grahame, that's how it appears to me.

Rather than bring about an end to Islam, the negative attitude of supposed enlightened Christians will only bring about the end of religion altogether after the majority get fed up of the intransigence in all of it.

That will be a fairly good outcome although a better one seeing as a lot of religions include Jesus, would be to follow him totally.

That as well, until they attempt to take over, fly planes into skyscrapers, and murder their children for 'honour,' because then things need to be said.

But your issue is with Islam generally, not specifically people who 'take over, fly planes into skyscrapers, and murder children for honour', they're Muslims who happen to be evil, just as Blair and Bush are Christians who happen to be evil, that doesn't necessarily reflect badly on all Christians.

That will be a fairly good outcome although a better one seeing as a lot of religions include Jesus, would be to follow him totally.

Oh dear, but which bit of it? The Old Testament bit, the New? The Torah? The Koran?

Maybe a bonfire should be made of all of them.

But your issue is with Islam generally, not specifically people who 'take over, fly planes into skyscrapers, and murder children for honour', they're Muslims who happen to be evil, just as Blair and Bush are Christians who happen to be evil, that doesn't necessarily reflect badly on all Christians.

Provided Muslims leave the rest of the world alone then by all means people are entitled to believe what they want, but not to impose it onto others, by force if necessary.

And to think people complain about Jehovah Witnesses!

Provided Muslims leave the rest of the world alone then by all means people are entitled to believe what they want, but not to impose it onto others, by force if necessary.

And to think people complain about Jehovah Witnesses!

I aint ever encountered a Muslim banging on my front door trying to convert me, but I have Christians of various sects and persuasions!

Is that a genuine question?

The teaching of Jesus can be found in the New Testament. :)

I'm well aware of that, but you're missing my point, it's simply a sanitised version of what went before to accommodate the lifestyles of how people were living at the time.

No doubt an updated version would be written in estuary English and pay homage to consumerism, greed and xenophobia.

Archived