Book burning same as flag burning?

I'm well aware of that, but you're missing my point, it's simply a sanitised version of what went before to accommodate the lifestyles of how people were living at the time.

No doubt an updated version would be written in estuary English and pay homage to consumerism, greed and xenophobia.

Now you are talking daft. As regards your previous post I know you are aware of the very obvious Muslim presence and I will leave it there.

Have you ever visited 'the centre of the muslim world' Noddy? Remember we're spoon fed the negative because guess what? It makes better headlines!

I started a thread months ago about Maj Geoffrey Langlands an 91yo, white, Christian teacher has taught in Pakistan for decades, and for the last 20 years has run a backwater school in Chitral, he educates the local kids, and many go on to university-he's much celebrated over there. If the centre of the Muslim world were as you describe he would have been burned/bombed out years ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/aug/10/geoffrey-langlands-pakistan-school

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-10809202

I'm sure Saudi Arabians are overwhelmed by daily news accounts of teenagers stabbing each other, taking drugs and challenging authority and wrongly believe it's typical of our young and a moral decline of the West.

Or there again maybe the positives are few and far between

Or there again maybe the positives are few and far between

Well we'll never know unless we go and live there, so the next best thing is our experiences of Muslims who live and work around us, which was the point Halibut raised that you challenged.

Provided Muslims leave the rest of the world alone then by all means people are entitled to believe what they want, but not to impose it onto others, by force if necessary

As regards your previous post I know you are aware of the very obvious Muslim presence and I will leave it there.

..but the point is, I've never, ever encountered a Muslim who has tried to impose their religion on me, and certainly never tried to force me to do anything, so your fear is based on a false premise.

..but the point is, I've never, ever encountered a Muslim who has tried to impose their religion on me, and certainly never tried to force me to do anything, so your fear is based on a false premise.

What were they doing on 9/11?

What do they do in Africa and other countries?

Why do they make threats against those who convert to another religion?

Why do people have to convert to Islam if they want to marry a Muslim?

Only this morning I posted from an Islamic site to you, that they are prepared to use any means.

There is so much you either appear not to know or you ignore.

Provided Muslims leave the rest of the world alone then by all means people are entitled to believe what they want, but not to impose it onto others, by force if necessary.

And to think people complain about Jehovah Witnesses!

Does that apply to Christian missionaries as well? Most of the people they try and force religion onto want to be left alone. I've just evicted the god bothering duo from my doorstep again this morning - next time I'll be less polite than just pushing them to the end of the garden.

Does that apply to Christian missionaries as well? Most of the people they try and force religion onto want to be left alone. I've just evicted the god bothering duo from my doorstep again this morning - next time I'll be less polite than just pushing them to the end of the garden.

Yes, you go your own way except I would urge you to study, in your own time, the message of the Gospels so that you can make an informed decision and if necessary ask questions.

After you have done that I would hope that atheists will also reciprocate in the same way.

Yes, you go your own way except I would urge you to study, in your own time, the message of the Gospels so that you can make an informed decision and if necessary ask questions.

After you have done that I would hope that atheists will also reciprocate in the same way.

I don't require you to be non religious, nor anyone else. Perhaps if the worlds religions would stop their requirements, then it would be a much nicer place. I live in hope, but I know I'll be disappointed.

What were they doing on 9/11?
A savage act of retribution because of their belief that America had a pro Zionist agenda and interfered in Middle Eastern affairs, their god was just incidental, just as George Bush's was when he ordered the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.

What do they do in Africa and other countries?

You mean Christian missionaries?

Why do they make threats against those who convert to another religion?

I believe many Christians ex-communicate people who leave the flock, it's pretty much the same thing.

Why do people have to convert to Islam if they want to marry a Muslim?

Well I've attended a register office ceremony where a Muslim married a non-Muslim.

Only this morning I posted from an Islamic site to you, that they are prepared to use any means.

...confusing Islamists with Islam?

There is so much you either appear not to know or you ignore.

I just prefer to see things without the interference of a dogma that disrupts rational thinking.

Archived