A very happy eid

Abraham was fairly Jewish, yes? And Eid al-Adha is all about abraham and his willingness to sacrifice his son (doesn't it translate as "festival of sacrifice" from the arabic?)

So yes, muslims celebrate jewish stuff as their big annual festival.

Wierd, ain't it?

Abraham was a muslim!

Abraham was fairly Jewish, yes? And Eid al-Adha is all about abraham and his willingness to sacrifice his son (doesn't it translate as "festival of sacrifice" from the arabic?)

So yes, muslims celebrate jewish stuff as their big annual festival.

Wierd, ain't it?

why would it be weird? Abraham (PBUH) is the same Abraham as the Muslims the Jews and the Christians acknowledge, and honour as the "father" of monotheistic religion. the prophets of Judaism (the old testament) are recognised in Christianity, (Isaiah, Elijah, Moses, David, - PBUH- etc) and in Islam . The only prophet not recognised in Christianity is Mohammed (PBUH), as he came after the time of Isa (Jesus, PBUH).

So, it's not necessarily solely "Jewish", nor "Muslim" or "Christian"

If you think about it, the feast of Pesach (Passover) corresponds with the Christian festival of Easter, the Jewish feast of weeks is linked to the Christian feast of Pentecost. (Whitsuntide) the feast of booths corresponds with the harvest festivals.

Happy Eid ul Fitr everyone.

I know a lot of muslims that give food out to their non muslim neighbours...Enjoy the food peeps. :)

All mine gives out to me is constant grief by leaving his bike chained to the railing on the floor of my apartment, even though he has been told on 4 occasions it's against the apartment blocks tenant policy to leave bikes inside.

However if the miserable sod turns up tomorrow with a plate of something spicy I might forgive him for a day.

why would it be weird? Abraham (PBUH) is the same Abraham as the Muslims the Jews and the Christians acknowledge, and honour as the "father" of monotheistic religion. the prophets of Judaism (the old testament) are recognised in Christianity, (Isaiah, Elijah, Moses, David, - PBUH- etc) and in Islam . The only prophet not recognised in Christianity is Mohammed (PBUH), as he came after the time of Isa (Jesus, PBUH).

So, it's not necessarily solely "Jewish", nor "Muslim" or "Christian"

If you think about it, the feast of Pesach (Passover) corresponds with the Christian festival of Easter, the Jewish feast of weeks is linked to the Christian feast of Pentecost. (Whitsuntide) the feast of booths corresponds with the harvest festivals.

Given how much they have in common it's odd that they can't all just get along with each other.

Archived