A question of culture - how should it evolve?

Which would be your preferred option ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which would be your preferred option ?

• Hard Multiculturalism
    • Soft Multiculturalism
    • Melting Pot
    • Monoculturalism
    • Other

For that reason i wouldnt go to Iran. Do you think that Iranians should be alowed to come here and indulge in stonings?

no and they dont

i still find you answer strange.

so in theory your answer was YES but i wouldnt go there?

otherwise your answer to the poll would be hypocritical?

It is communism that is behind multiculturalism today, When you mix cultures, interbreed, you breed out or crowd out a peoples sense of history, culture and togetherness. By doing this it takes away the peoples shared sense of unity, their sense of loyalty to a Nation.

It is communism that is behind multiculturalism today, When you mix cultures, interbreed, you breed out or crowd out a peoples sense of history, culture and togetherness. By doing this it takes away the peoples shared sense of unity, their sense of loyalty to a Nation.

quick put on yer tin foil hat, the rays are getting through to you again

NO

its a natural human trait to travel and explore other places, since the dawn of time humans have travelled to other places, or shouldnt we have invented boats and stayed where we were?

you DONT lose your culture you keep it and learn about newcomers cultures

same with stuff like games or music collections........some peaple buy music, listen, get bored, sell the cds, move on to something different..........thats like getting rid of your culture and changing

me? i dont i keep all my old stuff, find out about new stuff, play that and go back digging into the old stuff from time to time.....thats like adding to your culture rather than changing it

no and they dont

i still find you answer strange.

so in theory your answer was YES but i wouldnt go there?

otherwise your answer to the poll would be hypocritical?

That does not seem strange to me. I would not go to iran as it's an extremist controlled islamist hellhole, so i would not go. If for some reason i went mad and decided to go and live there I would feel obliged to fit in with their ways and customs. Moving to a nation with the aim of changing it to your own nation is imperialism, we decided that was not a good idea some time ago.

That does not seem strange to me. I would not go to iran as it's an extremist controlled islamist hellhole, so i would not go. If for some reason i went mad and decided to go and live there I would feel obliged to fit in with their ways and customs. Moving to a nation with the aim of changing it to your own nation is imperialism, we decided that was not a good idea some time ago.

it seems odd that somebody who always complains of foriegners taking over his customs and saying they shouldnt be able to keep theirs

would want english people (not only him) going to another country and completely forgoing their own english customs and only following the destinations customs

surely even if you follow most of the destinations customs you still want to keep hold of english ones?

like phoning yer family to wish em a happy birthday or christmas or someat

or have a drink and watch a footy match every now and then?

i suppose what im getting at is.............on these type of threads some people seem to want their cake and eat it, they want the forigners to fit in with us but not when we go abroad.......not 100% anyway

it seems odd that somebody who always complains of foriegners taking over his customs and saying they shouldnt be able to keep theirs

would want english people (not only him) going to another country and completely forgoing their own english customs and only following the destinations customs

surely even if you follow most of the destinations customs you still want to keep hold of english ones?

like phoning yer family to wish em a happy birthday or christmas or someat

or have a drink and watch a footy match every now and then?

i suppose what im getting at is.............on these type of threads some people seem to want their cake and eat it, they want the forigners to fit in with us but not when we go abroad.......not 100% anyway

I think you have completely missed the point.

move to another culture/land and fit in.

move here and fit in.

To what degree you can retain your old customs depends on where you came from and where you went and the cultural overlap or lack thereof.

His argument was entirely consistent.

I think you have completely missed the point.

move to another culture/land and fit in.

move here and fit in.

To what degree you can retain your old customs depends on where you came from and where you went and the cultural overlap or lack thereof.

His argument was entirely consistent.

but theres fitting in......and completely being enveloped by it and being changed

but theres fitting in......and completely being enveloped by it and being changed

When a chap decides to emigrate he must understand he will change, because he will be living in a foreign land with different customs and ways. If he's not prepared to addapt to the culture of the land he has chosen to move to then he's a nasty surprise in store if he thinks he'll be welcome.

Archived