Could i have septicaemia?

I have been uite unwell the last 2-3 days, I have been feeling tired all the, getting sweats, having a bit of a temperature, feeling sick all the time,

abdominal pain, feeling lethargic and generally unwell, I went to the walk in centre yesterday to see a doctor about my abdominal pain, My stomach was examined and my pulse was taken. For some reason I'm worried that I might have Septicaemia would the doctor have noticed yesterday that I had it if i had it? Can tooth decay cause it? I have a couple of dodgy teeth and was wondering whether bacteria from that could get into my bloodstream? I guess what i really want to know is if I had Septicaema would something have happened by now? As its been 2-3 days.

Just wondered if anyone had experienced it or knows whether things like tooth decay can cause it. I rang NHS Direct around 8.30 saying I had a slight temperture and felt tired all the time and lethargic plus that I had abdominal pain and felt unwell. They told me to tke Paracetamol and take fluids which I have done.

The odds against this being septicaemia are so huge as to be laughable. It is theoretically possible, but it's also theoretically possible that a helicopter will fly into my house and kill me while I type this message. It isn't going to happen though.

For one thing, if you'd developed septicaemia three days ago you would probably be dead by now.

The odds against this being septicaemia are so huge as to be laughable. It is theoretically possible, but it's also theoretically possible that a helicopter will fly into my house and kill me while I type this message. It isn't going to happen though.

For one thing, if you'd developed septicaemia three days ago you would probably be dead by now.

I think what is worrying me is the fact that i feel like i am going to throw up, I feel like this all the time and last day or so it has been bad.

Also the last day or so i have been getting shivering and chills.

I also feel very lethargic and generally unwell, My stomach is quite uncomfortable and my appetite has been very bad lately and i do sometimes feel like i am forcing myself to eat.

I went to a walk-in centre today not too long ago, I wasn't checked over much, My temperature and pulse was taken and that was it really.

They did do some blood tests but i have to wait 5-6 days for the results to come back.

Archived