The Pope's Visit

I don't think church can truely modernise. We might speak the language of the day, and be culturally similar, but I think the very meaning of the word (called out, seperate) will always mean we'll be different.

Could you expand on that please?

I've just read this article, which has made my blood boil with rage.

I'm struggling not to let go of an expletive after reading that. :rant:

This is the whole point, and the one that the apologists that think "but there's just as many paedophiles in the teaching profession" is anything like a good defense.

:rant::rant:

That car he uses is laughable.

You can see the current Popemobile here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1311980/POPE-VISIT-Holy-Merc-transport-Benedict-XVI-UK.html

Top speed 160mph. I'd love to see it do that!

Quite brand concious this Pope is he not? Car by Mercedes, shoes by Adriano Stefanelli.

Could you expand on that please?

If you let me know what you need expanding - I'll have a go. If you are wanting to link my post with this artical in some way- I'll need you to expand your thoughts first. If it has made your blood boil, and somehow you've linked it to what I've said I'd like that clearing up first in case you are planning to use me as a sounding board for your rage!

If you let me know what you need expanding - I'll have a go. If you are wanting to link my post with this artical in some way- I'll need you to expand your thoughts first. If it has made your blood boil, and somehow you've linked it to what I've said I'd like that clearing up first in case you are planning to use me as a sounding board for your rage!

Apols, there is no link between your post and the article, it was for the sake of brevity and an attempt at being economical with my posts that I covered both in the same post. I am not planning on using you to vent my spleen!

I just wasn't sure what it was that you were saying exactly.

Archived