The Pope's Visit

Has Richard Dawkins declared a Jihad then? Has the atheist inquisition been shoving believers into the iron maiden and burning 'heretics'? Maybe the atheists need to get some bishops and cardinals to show them how it's done properly.

maybe he heard of my condom pinging idea:hihi:

The question is will the red flappy carpet flap the pope over? what will god mean by it?

His comments are utterly ridiculous. Im 90% sure it isnt the aetheist quarter that protest against people wearing crosses, its the over pc brigade or possibly the religious nut brigade, most likely it was just a jobsworth.

No, it was simply health & safety rules that forbid all jewelery, versus a silly woman who thought her faith was more important than mere safety rules which only apply to muggles. She went all the way, being a stubborn as well as silly woman, to the High Court ... and lost.

Background to the story here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/jan/17/acrosstobear

so the list is now

homophobic

paedophilic

sexist

racist

any more "ists" or "phobics" to add to the list?

Unfortunately they will never get the full bag as you could never describe them as ageist!

We can add 'mendacious' (not an ism, sorry) to the list as apparently this Anglopbobic (managed to get another 'phobic' in though) Cardinal has been struck down with gout. Perhaps a bit more abstinence is in order?:hihi:

:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy: its not an honour if you think the catholic church is ridiculous and beyond contempt. I am not honoured I am disgusted!

I will just add Im not disgusted by the man-hes just deluded I am disgusted by the church!

Thats up to you, but why not just stay away then?

You dont have to get so upset about things you know.

Some of you are getting so very het up about things, I almost suspect you have something to hide.

Thats up to you, but why not just stay away then?

You dont have to get so upset about things you know.

Some of you are getting so very het up about things, I almost suspect you have something to hide.

How can one not be disgusted and 'het up' about the systematic child sexual abuse and cover up that the Catholic Church has perpetuated for decades or even longer, for all we know? It's a disgrace. The Catholic Church is a hierarchical, corrupt, secretive, hypocritical, misogynistic, homophobic institution which has given refuge to paedophiles. It's an abomination.

How can one not be disgusted and 'het up' about the systematic child sexual abuse and cover up that the Catholic Church has perpetuated for decades or even longer, for all we know? It's a disgrace. The Catholic Church is a hierarchical, corrupt, secretive, hypocritical, misogynistic, homophobic institution which has given refuge to paedophiles. It's an abomination.

Oh come on now.. you cant go around telling the truth or you will be branded as an atheist. BTW, you missed out the murdering bit. :hihi:

Archived