The Pope's Visit

<snip yet another disingenuous post which deliberately avoids dealing with my point>

Why are you once again pretending people are criticising your Popes choice instead of his and your pretence that there was no choice?

He had a choice and he chose the easy way out, now I'm not saying that I wouldn't do the same in a like situation I really don't know what I'd do, what I'm doing is critiquing your and your Popes lie that their was "no choice".

Is it important to make such hair-splitting analysis of the childhood of the Pope? He didn't do anything wrong as a person. I think what he did was wise. God knows what I would have done.

If we want to carry this moral argument so far, then every single christian soldier in the war, on both sides of the battle, should be vilified for doing anything in having helped it continue. Every christian soldier who took up arms to kill his fellow man should be condemned as failing a christian duty in this pointless debate you are carrying out.

Let us have one standard here. The Pope is still human after all.

Well said, and if all people followed the teachings of Christ we would have little or no conflict between our fellow men.

Well said, and if all people followed the teachings of Christ we would have little or no conflict between our fellow men.

Only if they were all agreed upon what those teachings are, there has been a good deal of conflict over that (often with the Catholic Church as one of the bloodiest combatants) in the past and there still is today.

The Cathars for example were massacred by Catholics for daring to try and follow an understanding of 'the teachings of Christ" that differed from the Catholic Church.

Archived