The Pope's Visit

The Vatican City is a sovereign city state. The Pope is its Head of State just by being the Pope.

But he's not a real head of state, he's a religious leader of a country that doesn't really exist, it's just so that he can get special treatment.

It's not a real country, it's made up, that is what I am saying. Did I really have to spell that out or could you not have inferred it from my post?

But he's not a real head of state, he's a religious leader of a country that doesn't really exist, it's just so that he can get special treatment.

It's not a real country, it's made up, that is what I am saying. Did I really have to spell that out or could you not have inferred it from my post?

It is a Sovereign City State. Is there something about that you do not understand?

It's not a real country, it's made up

At a vague prediction, someone will point to it on a map. It does exist, but it isn't really a state, but they call it a state, so it is a state. The odd dichotomies of the human race.

Personally, i'm looking forward to Peter Tatchell's documentary tomorrow night.

At a vague prediction, someone will point to it on a map. It does exist, but it isn't really a state, but they call it a state, so it is a state. The odd dichotomies of the human race.

Personally, i'm looking forward to Peter Tatchell's documentary tomorrow night.

It is a City State. Other City States include Monaco and Singapore.

It is a Sovereign City State. Is there something about that you do not understand?

No, I understand it perfectly. It's just that I'm aware that it is a made up sovereign state that consists purely of priests and guards. It's not a real country, being unlike every other country in the world. It's an organisation, a company, a business that owns some land in Rome.

No, I understand it perfectly. It's just that I'm aware that it is a made up sovereign state that consists purely of priests and guards. It's not a real country, being unlike every other country in the world. It's an organisation, a company, a business that owns some land in Rome.

What do you mean by "made up"? In the same sense all states are made up, with lines drawn on a map marking out the territory?

Archived