Apparently im hurting my son

js2012

Well thats what the school said i was doing when i told them i dont want him to take part in any religious education classes.

I said i wanted him to conentrate on the 3 r's seeing as hes quite a way behind his peers on these subjects and i feel hell get more out of those subjects.

They said i was "being a little biggoted" and they arent sure if they "can accomodate my request" as it would mean finding another class for him to sit in and also supervise it.

I pointed out it wasnt a request. Thats when it got really tricky. :(

Schools eh!!

Dont you just love em.:loopy:

He should get extra help if he needs it, it shouldn't have to be at the expense of other subjects.

Thats the thing. he is statmented for special educational needs so he has the help in the form of a mentor. Thats why their argument about them needing to find someone to supervise him is so weak.

They didnt want to to listen though :mad:

Religious studies is all aload of crap!

I remember in secondary I went to one R.E lesson. I had no interest in the subject and I sat in the library revising for other subjects which I excelled in. I don't think people should be forced into R.E if they don't believe in it.

My teacher wrote 'Thanks for the one lesson you turned up' in my leavers book.

I don't know anyone that benefited from it.

I am sure they have a library space where he can sit and maybe read. Or do them test papers for his age level.

Not sure you can pick and choose which lessons your son attends. They can't accommodate everyone's individual requirements as you have said, thy would need to provide occupation and supervision for him which may not be practical.

Was typing at the same time as you.

This may make it clearer.

Thats the thing. he is statmented for special educational needs so he has the help in the form of a mentor. Thats why their argument about them needing to find someone to supervise him is so weak.

They didnt want to to listen though :mad:

:)

Archived