Apparently im hurting my son

js2012

Who say's he has got the idea from anywhere .He may have just asked if he can not study that subject and do another one in it's place .

If your child asked you if they had to do a subject would you you say yes even if it wasn't compulsary ?

Isn't that liying !!!!!!

I think we can agree it is a compulsory subject in this case. This means we should compare it to another compulsory subject like maths. Loads of kids ask not to do maths and our response is.......

Of course i did. Those are the rules. He told his teacher he didnt want to do the lesson. He dosent believe in religion or god in any way and want to be excused. She said he needed a letter from his parents. He got one.

Thats when the school got snotty.

Good enough?

How old is he? My son was about 9 before he decided that he was a non-believer and my daughter who's just turned 9, has only very recently decided that she doesn't believe either. Me and my partner are atheists but we've never influenced their views on religion, they were left to come to whatever conclusion they so wished.

My job as a parent is never done.

And what is it your trying to say?

I'm trying to say that whilst your son is a free thinking individual with his own opinions he is still a child, so his opinions should be secondary to receiving a comprehensive education, after all if he turned round and told you he wanted to run away to the circus you wouldn't give his opinion any credibility.

I'm trying to say that whilst your son is a free thinking individual with his own opinions he is still a child, so his opinions should be secondary to receiving a comprehensive education, after all if he turned round and told you he wanted to run away to the circus you wouldn't give his opinion any credibility.

What's wrong with running of to the circus if that's what makes him happy he will still get an education .

As parents thats all we want for our childern for them to be happy

If your child asked you if they had to do a subject would you you say yes even if it wasn't compulsary ?

Isn't that liying !!!!!!

Why is it lying? It's sometimes as parents our responsibility to tell children what they have to do, whether it's compulsory or not.

Of course i did. Those are the rules. He told his teacher he didnt want to do the lesson. He dosent believe in religion or god in any way and want to be excused. She said he needed a letter from his parents. He got one.

Thats when the school got snotty.

Good enough?

I really dont know why this is relevant. If your kid was learning about ancient egypt would you take him out of that lesson? Its clearly rubbish that the scarab beetle chases the sun across the sky and thats what makes sunrise and senset but its interesting to know that that is what was believed.

What's wrong with running of to the circus if that's what makes him happy he will still get an education .
However it would be a very limited one, and affect his opportunities and experiences in later life

So you allow your children to do whatever they want to, just so they remain happy?

a very valid point we all stand corrected:hihi:

I think we would end up with 90% trained circus folk if thats what all parents thought

I really dont know why this is relevant. If your kid was learning about ancient egypt would you take him out of that lesson? Its clearly rubbish that the scarab beetle chases the sun across the sky and thats what makes sunrise and senset but its interesting to know that that is what was believed.

Agreed, it is irrelevant. If anything, learning more about religion reinforces one's atheism, if one is that way inclined.:hihi:

Archived