Apparently im hurting my son

js2012

Did any of them get called to have a meeting with the head and them say 'is it because you are racist' ?

Or does that just happen to people who look like me with skin head and tattoo's ?

And Im the bigot !

I have no idea. It was exclusively Muslim kids who didn't go, presumably because their parents disagreed with them learning about another faith.

JW at my school, as well as being excused from the daily act of worship.

I don't remember any kids being excused from assembly at my school. At my kids' primary school, the assemblies are not religion based (although last time I looked, it is an OFSTED requirement, which in my view should be changed). If there is ever a religious element, which to my knowledge has only happened once when they sang some carols, children could be excused. I let mine stay. I've never withheld my consent for any aspect of their education and I can't see me ever doing so.

I had a similar argument with the school, they asked us for permission to let our child go to a temple and we declined as our child did not wish to go.

We too had 'racist' accusations, literally, from the head.

When they told me it was about understanding and tolerance and education about the main religions, I asked them why then there was no plans for tolerance with Jews as there was only plans for visits to a Church, a Temple and a Mosque and no Synagogue.

Of course this had nothing to do with the high percentage of Muslims in the school, So much for 'tolerance and understanding'.

Oh yes I remember now, it was you that started all this parents revolting mallarkey! :hihi:

I don’t believe the school should call you bigoted, however I do believe that you need to look further ahead in your son’s working career. I would for the local government and on a day-to-day basis have to deal with people from all different religion’s and if I had not been taught RE in School then I would have real difficulties. Yes reading, writing and maths are very important but so is understanding that we are not all the same and this is only taught in RE.

An example at the moment is as its Ramadan I have been swapping shifts with a colleague so she can get up and eat before her fasting starts. I don’t mind this at all as come Christmas she is only to willing to trade shifts with me.

Archived