Apparently im hurting my son

js2012

So what are the school supposed to do? Just set up an extra class for him? Who is going to teach him when the other teachers are in other classes? Where are they going to teach him? Build another class room?

If he is behind why don't you give him extra lessons after school?

Parents eh!!

Dont you just love em.:loopy:

although I agree with children learning about all religions so they can understand more I do agree that a parent should be able to say what his/her child learns.. especially if they child is struggling the school should accomodate a parents wishes to better the child in areas its not doing so well

So what are the school supposed to do? Just set up an extra class for him? Who is going to teach him when the other teachers are in other classes? Where are they going to teach him? Build another class room?

Parents eh!!

didnt bother to read where i said he has his own mentor then eh? :rolleyes:

Religious studies is all aload of crap!

I remember in secondary I went to one R.E lesson. I had no interest in the subject and I sat in the library revising for other subjects which I excelled in. I don't think people should be forced into R.E if they don't believe in it.

My teacher wrote 'Thanks for the one lesson you turned up' in my leavers book.

I don't know anyone that benefited from it.

I am sure they have a library space where he can sit and maybe read. Or do them test papers for his age level.

In my school at least RE wasn't trying to teach you Christianity, or convert you, it focused on learning about other religions and even social issues such as sex and drugs. I'm not religious in any way but surely it is important to have some sort of understanding about other people's views seeing as so many people are religious?

Thats the thing. he is statmented for special educational needs so he has the help in the form of a mentor. Thats why their argument about them needing to find someone to supervise him is so weak.

They didnt want to to listen though :mad:

It's good if he is getting the extra help.

It's your right of course to pull him from RE, but if it isn't going to get him more extra tuition, it isn't going to help.

I must admit, I used to hate RE, thought it was pointless. Now looking back, I can see actually it is important to at least have a light understanding of the religions.

Did you ask why that mentor can't sit with him in another class room?

I did.

They then decided it was less to do with supervision and more to do with actually finding a spare classroom.

Now without mentioning the name of the school, its massive and there are always loads of empty classes when i go past.

In my school at least RE wasn't trying to teach you Christianity, or convert you, it focused on learning about other religions and even social issues such as sex and drugs. I'm not religious in any way but surely it is important to have some sort of understanding about other people's views seeing as so many people are religious?

We didn't learn about sex and drugs. We had a seperate class for that.

I don't see it as imporant. If I am not religious then I shouldn't have to sit in that class and listen to things I don't believe in.

You should have a choice of whether you want to study R.E. It hasn't changed my life or my way of thinking.

I accept people are religious but it doesn't interest me.

How do you think he learns about religions ? Do you think he does that without reading or writing ?

I'm not remotely religious, but I have no objections to my kids learning about the worlds religions. He's not being taught to "be" any particular religion.

Are there any other lessons you want him removed from to prioritise the particular needs he has?

Parents eh!!

My bold.

I pay for extra tuition at home to help him try and catch up.

Archived