Apparently im hurting my son

js2012

You can get out of it, it's not compulsary, you can't get out of maths.

With regards to it being only on religious grounds, quitge easy in that siuation to play the atheist card.

we already had this comment and you agreed that it is possible to get out of maths:loopy: actually maybe it was someone else

wrong again you are talking about religion

Using English words. As religion is made up, it should not be in mainstream education.

we already had this comment and you agreed that it is possible to get out of maths:loopy: actually maybe it was someone else

The only person who has said a child could "get out of maths" was yourself. Everyone does maths & English.

Using English words. As religion is made up, it should not be in mainstream education.

The only person who has said a child could "get out of maths" was yourself. Everyone does maths & English.

By that argument, literature should also be out of mainstream education, as it's also 'made up'.

Oh yes I remember now, it was you that started all this parents revolting mallarkey! :hihi:

No but you know doubt remember the topic, Im not sure if that one got locked or deleted because it turned into a free for all.

I know I did nothing wrong other than exercise my right to not let him go, as they had sent us a request slip.

Little did I know that I would have got branded for it, and like I said as soon as I pointed out that it wasn't looking very good for the school with them pretending that the Jewish faith did not exist so as not to have any conflict with the Muslim parents they backed down.

I felt sorry though for another parent who works at the school as a dinner lady who had to change her mind and give permission after they threatened her job !

Honestly you could not make up half the stuff that's gone off at our school.

By that argument, literature should also be out of mainstream education, as it's also 'made up'.

You got me on that one:thumbsup:.

Though RE is still not compulsory if there are "get out clauses" written into the law itself, which is where my argument stems from. Anyone can think up a "religious" reason for withdrawal (as mentioned above, play the "atheist card").

Archived