Apparently im hurting my son

js2012

:hihi:

I had no idea that RE was tailored in mainstream schools, surely the word 'national' which prefaces 'curriculum' should mean that everyone follows roughly the same curriculum? Since when can schools pick and choose which religions to cover?

The GF's son went to a local primary school. They visited a church and a bhuddist temple. No mosque or synagogue. The school's head was a practicing christian and the assemblies reflected that.:( The previous head was good though:thumbsup: as her (GF's) daughter (same school) visited all manner of PoW.

The GF's son went to a local primary school. They visited a church and a bhuddist temple. No mosque or synagogue. The school's head was a practicing christian and the assemblies reflected that.:( The previous head was good though:thumbsup: as her (GF's) daughter (same school) visited all manner of PoW.

That's disgraceful. A head teacher should not be allowed to allow their faith to characterise a school.:mad:

I suggest that you take him out of school and educate him yourself.

so he can be one of them weird kids who were home educated and don't know how to speak to people!

I would love schools to be totally religion free, I am a 'radical atheist' but I wouldn't sacrifice my young 'uns education over it - your kid will be OK, teach him/her well and the religous stuff won't stick, don't make him/her an outsider - they'll not thank you for it

so he can be one of them weird kids who were home educated and don't know how to speak to people!

Oh dear:shakes:.

Schools dumb kids down to the lowest common denominator.

Or do you believe "clear " and "transparent" are the same?

I was under the distinct impression that it was a legal requirement to hold religious assemblies.

I think it is and is certainly something that OFSTED require but it appears not to be reinforced.

What I meant was that the curriculum should not be driven by the religious persuasion, or lack thereof, of the head.

Crazy isn't it, surely the lineage of religion is important to grasp the concept of it ?

I do think that schools should be all embracing. Thinking back to when my son was in Reception for two terms at a school in North London, they covered every religious festival except Christmas, which I thought was disgraceful.

Archived