Apparently im hurting my son

js2012

I'm trying to say that whilst your son is a free thinking individual with his own opinions he is still a child, so his opinions should be secondary to receiving a comprehensive education, after all if he turned round and told you he wanted to run away to the circus you wouldn't give his opinion any credibility.

My bold.

That would educate him to beleive his opinions are only secondary.

Why would i want to do that to him?

No, it would educate him that sometimes we all have to do things we would rather not do.

No, it would teach him that his needs, wishes and opinion werent as important as mine simply because im older.

Are you another one who only reads bits of a thread before commenting? Cos i think you missed the bit here i said he would be using the time to do extra maths and english lessons.

Whats your problem with that?

Out of interest how much time does he spend doing RE each week? From what I remember it was only a single lesson but things may have changed.

it's not the amount of time that is spent on the subject it the subject it's self

Not sure you can pick and choose which lessons your son attends. They can't accommodate everyone's individual requirements as you have said, thy would need to provide occupation and supervision for him which may not be practical.
you can opt out of religious lessons if you wish ,my kids asked me if i would write a letter to the headmaster asking if they could opt out and do maths instead, he agreed so there was no problem

Archived