Apparently im hurting my son

js2012

It happens all the time, especially with faith schools.

I'm not sure what the policy is about withdrawing from the daily act of worship in faith schools is. A small percentage of their intake has to be from children of other faiths (is it about 10%?). A Muslim friend of mine sent her son to a CofE school (in London) and requested permission for him not be exempt from taking part in their assemblies and was denied it. Whether this is at the discretion of the head or a policy across the board, I have no idea.

They obviously did a bad job. I however strive tyo do a great job. So far im doung better than expected. My son is a real credit to me and his mum.

Nope not at all, they tried to do a great job on me or so they thought, but you can't make a person's personality change just so they are a credit to their parents.

Nope not at all, they tried to do a great job on me or so they thought, but you can't make a person's personality change just so they are a credit to their parents.

My bold.

Im confused, they did a good job but your glad they are dead?

Im glad me and my kids have a much better relationship than you did with your parents. Sounds tough :(

My bold.

Im confused, they did a good job but your glad they are dead?

Im glad me and my kids have a much better relationship than you did with your parents. Sounds tough :(

Im thinking you didnt read her post correctly. She said "they tried" as you are "trying" you won't know whether your approach has worked until you have finished trying.

Im with you 100%.

NO child should be force fed Religious claptrap of any religion. RE should not even be taught in schools .

Lets be honest , what purpose does religion serve in life ..........NONE.

Stand your ground ,and take your child out of school for that lesson .

Religion plays a very important part in society today and is far more than what happened to Jesus at Christmas, especially given the huge diversity of modern cities and life. Whilst I'd never advocate a child being preached to about a specific belief, any education and understanding of how other cultures live and deal with differing issues can only be good for a child.

I'd argue racism is a product of lack of education..by educating our children we can hopefully eradicate racist and bigoted attitudes towards other cultures and beliefs.

Archived