Apparently im hurting my son

js2012

Extending that logic, why should you have to learn anything if you don't want to do it?

I disagree, the ignorance that exists in the world about cultures who appear alien demonstrates the benefits of learning.

I think you're confusing care with knowledge-I don't care much for the BNP, but I've still taken the time to familiarise myself with their policies so I can talk about them from an informed rather than prejudiced point of view.

You shouldn't have to learn a subject if you really object against it. I didn't mind studying any other subject, I just never saw the point in learning about different Religions.

But why talk about them if you don't care?

I don't like Religion so I won't talk about it so I don't upset anyone.

It is Religion that has made this world so messed up! If people didn't believe so much in things what are absolutely mental then there wouldn't be a problem.

Take the Qu'ran for instance, it reads in there that if a woman commits adultery then she will be stoned to death. Someone dies because of Religion. Why would I want to learn about that?

What about the Pastor who were going to burn all those the Qu'rans? Then Muslims were going to burn the American Flag? Religion is messing the world up, not ignorance.

School is designed to produce well rounded individuals, something sadly I think some parents are really bad at. Any parent preventing their child from learning different points of view is doing them a dis-service! Just my opinion

I agree totally that school should produce well rounded individuals, I just don't see where Religion fits into that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sayin your opinion is wrong, you are as entitled to it as much as I am to mine.

I agree totally that school should produce well rounded individuals, I just don't see where Religion fits into that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sayin your opinion is wrong, you are as entitled to it as much as I am to mine.

Because religion has shaped history, it defines culture and both of these are inextricably linked with the world stage. To have a full understanding of global politics, you need to have an understanding of history, as I said, religion has shaped history.

Because religion has shaped history, it defines culture and both of these are inextricably linked with the world stage. To have a full understanding of global politics, you need to have an understanding of history, as I said, religion has shaped history.

Then it should be incorporated into History if it's that important. Any great occurence in history that has shaped the world is taught in History.

I didn't mind studying any other subject, I just never saw the point in learning about different Religions.[/QUOTe]

You don't have to be religious to study religion, the same as you don't have to be an astronomer to study stars or a chemist to be interested in chemistry. Studying religion doesn't make you religious any more than doing PE will make you into the next England captain.

You don't have to be religious to study religion, the same as you don't have to be an astronomer to study stars or a chemist to be interested in chemistry. Studying religion doesn't make you religious any more than doing PE will make you into the next England captain.

I don't study Chemistry because it doesn't interest me.

I don't study Astrology because it doesn't interest me.

I don't study P.E because it doesn't interest me.

I don't study R.E because it doesn't interest me.

I studied what I wanted at school. I studied subjects that would benefit me in life and they have.

R.E doesn't make you religious but when you don't believe in Religion then you simply shouldn't have to study it.

What about the Pastor who were going to burn all those the Qu'rans? Then Muslims were going to burn the American Flag? Religion is messing the world up, not ignorance.

Their "twisted" brand of religion is messing up the world yes, however, unless you know and understand the reality of their religion then how can you or anyone else dispute what they're doing with any logic or intelligence?

Their "twisted" brand of religion is messing up the world yes, however, unless you know and understand the reality of their religion then how can you or anyone else dispute what they're doing with any logic or intelligence?

Because when someone irritates me, I don't put their most important items on a fire?

Archived