Apparently im hurting my son

js2012

Then it should be incorporated into History if it's that important. Any great occurence in history that has shaped the world is taught in History.

It can and is referenced in the teaching of history, but you would need more time to cover it extensively. A good grounding in the different faiths informs all kinds of subjects and enhances knowledge.

It can and is referenced in the teaching of history, but you would need more time to cover it extensively. A good grounding in the different faiths informs all kinds of subjects and enhances knowledge.

Can you give me an example of said events that would need to be taught to enhance knowledge? As the only one I can think of that is of great importance is the holocaust. Which is covered in great detail in History.

We didn't learn anything to do with Religion in History.

I did turn up to all my history classes but maybe I were asleep when they were talking about how important Religion is in History? And to say I only left school 3 years ago then my memory isn't all that bad.

R.E doesn't make you religious but when you don't believe in Religion then you simply shouldn't have to study it.

Even when billions of your fellow humans do believe?

You would imagine you'd want to have at least the basic understanding of why & what they believe, and how it effects their daily lives.

Can you give me an example of said events that would need to be taught to enhance knowledge? As the only one I can think of that is of great importance is the holocaust. Which is covered in great detail in History.

As I said earlier, a knowledge of the history and evolution of religions totally enhances one's global political understanding, both past and present. Knowledge of the bible alone informs art, literature and philosophy. It is also extremely beneficial when travelling abroad.

Even when billions of your fellow humans do believe?

You would imagine you'd want to have at least the basic understanding of why & what they believe, and how it effects their daily lives.

I do know why and what they believe. I learn on a daily basis by living my life.

I have the knowledge there but it doesn't interest me.

I didn't study R.E and it benefited me by not doing so. I got alot better grades in all my other subjects which I wanted to do.

I do know why and what they believe. I learn on a daily basis by living my life.

I have the knowledge there but it doesn't interest me.

I didn't study R.E and it benefited me by not doing so. I got alot better grades in all my other subjects which I wanted to do.

Each to their own, I'm not religious but some of the information learned has served me well in my work and social life.

I don't study Chemistry because it doesn't interest me.

I don't study Astrology because it doesn't interest me.

I don't study P.E because it doesn't interest me.

I don't study R.E because it doesn't interest me.

I studied what I wanted at school. I studied subjects that would benefit me in life and they have.

R.E doesn't make you religious but when you don't believe in Religion then you simply shouldn't have to study it.

• A whopping 80% of the people on the planet follow a religion.
  • A mere 1% of of people on the planet use mathematics beyond what is taught up to age 10.

Should mathematics be optional too?

Archived