Easyjet pulls out of Robin Hood airport

The hardest thing about the airport is getting to it. It might be physically closer to us than East Midlands or Manchester but takes longer to get too.

When I do a search I would always put Manchester / East Midlands for the same reasons, although I am not happy that the train fare to Manchester as almost doubled since the last time I went.

This won't hurt the airport one bit. Look North said that in spite of this it's customers had risen by 15% this last year.

I love Doncaster airport and wouldn't want to fly from anywhere else. It's just so easy! I just wish they'd called it Finningley airport and not Robin Hood. It's such a naff name.

the train fare to Manchester airport is absurdly high considering we are supposedly being encouraged to not use our cars.

Its just cost me £56 for two any time return tickets, how much would it cost to park the car and then there is the petrol, my point was that only a couple of years ago we only paid just over 30 quid for the same tickets.

This won't hurt the airport one bit. Look North said that in spite of this it's customers had risen by 15% this last year.

I've only flown from RH once, to Dublin, and I'm not kidding there were about 30 of us in the entire airport, and the only plane I saw was ours.

The hardest thing about the airport is getting to it. It might be physically closer to us than East Midlands or Manchester but takes longer to get too.

Sorry but which way do you go to Robin Hood airport that takes longer than getting to Manchester?

And with all the roadworks on the M1 it has got to be as quick to get to as East Midlands.

What I don't understand is why it didn't work, the runway is big enough to take big planes, flying anywhere in the world, so why did they only do flights to Spain and Tenereefee ?

Flights London, Paris, Munich would have been excellent from there.

South Yorkshire is not the kind of place for flights like that, that's why they do the cheap package flights.

Sorry but which way do you go to Robin Hood airport that takes longer than getting to Manchester?

West Sheffield (say Stannington) to both airports is about an hour. Depending on traffic, either could take longer.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=stannington&daddr=Robin+Hood+Airport+(DCA),+Finningley,+Doncaster+DN9+3,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&geocode=FV65LgMdhG3o_yl9LUZMQX95SDEgHfKIyIdNWQ%3BFRwOMAMd_pHw_ylLcxfI_QV5SDEgsGJlONEPDw&mra=pd&mrcr=0&sll=53.441446,-1.270981&sspn=0.240898,0.617294&ie=UTF8&ll=53.432447,-1.315613&spn=0.240949,0.617294&t=h&z=11

West Sheffield (say Stannington) to both airports is about an hour. Depending on traffic, either could take longer.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=stannington&daddr=Robin+Hood+Airport+(DCA),+Finningley,+Doncaster+DN9+3,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&geocode=FV65LgMdhG3o_yl9LUZMQX95SDEgHfKIyIdNWQ%3BFRwOMAMd_pHw_ylLcxfI_QV5SDEgsGJlONEPDw&mra=pd&mrcr=0&sll=53.441446,-1.270981&sspn=0.240898,0.617294&ie=UTF8&ll=53.432447,-1.315613&spn=0.240949,0.617294&t=h&z=11

Yes according to google maps which somehow has both journeys taking about the same time despite the one to Robin Hood being mainly motorway and the one to Manchester being mainly the Snake!

If you set off at any time other than rush hour I reckon Robin Hood a good 20 mins closer than Manchester from Stannington - and certainly for the majority of people in Sheffield.

Archived