Why is Dianne Abbott being weird, she's not racist is she?

From what I can gather, grammar is taught very much as it was here 50 years ago.
That's quite true, when my mother, uncles & aunts came here 50+ years ago they, were amazed at the generally poor standard of English kids and their knowledge of their own history.

Anyway, best keep that mad Creole woman locked up in the attic, hey BF, they're all barking?!
How did you know I had Diane Abbott locked up in my attic Suffy? :hihi:

I have more difficulty understanding some Scots and Irish people than I do West Indians.:roll:
Well there are some WI's whose accents are impenetrable, but they're not material for the medical professions, and never would be. Likewise, I've holidayed in SW Ireland and honestly could have done with an interpreter!

That's quite true, when my mother, uncles & aunts came here 50+ years ago they, were amazed at the generally poor standard of English kids and their knowledge of their own history.

How did you know I had Diane Abbott locked up in my attic Suffy? :hihi:

Well there are some WI's whose accents are impenetrable, but they're not material for the medical professions, and never would be. Likewise, I've holidayed in SW Ireland and honestly could have done with an interpreter!

I have a problem understanding some of the locals in Sheffield!

so im right?

No, you weren't right - you believed that the links you posted showed that Abbott didn't believe black people could be racist, but they simply showed that she was a racist, nothing about her not believing black people could be racist...

She's out of the run for leader of the opposition, she recieved the fewest supporters to her campaign and the lowest funding... This may be because those who work with her already had their concerns about her views, or it may be that she simply wasn't skilled enough in dealing with all of the inhabitants of the UK...

Had it been Ed Balls making the claim that white fathers went further in caring for their kids, or Milliband claiming that jewish father were somehow more skilled parents, these men would have found that their campaigns would immediately crash and burn and recieve no support whatsoever from the party... They's be back on the back benches very very quickly - but Abbott isn't recieving this sort of reprimand, and that's probably because of people not wanting to be accused of racism - Funny old world...

Back on topic. Did Dianne Abbott state that West Indian mums are better than their white counterparts? No, she made no comparison whatsoever.

If you were asked to clarify weather or not you thought that, generally speaking, white European mums were actualy no less loving to their kids than West Indian mums, you would say-yes of course, woudn't you? not - "Andrew, i have nothing more to say" :suspect:

If you were asked to clarify weather or not you thought that, generally speaking, white European mums were actualy no less loving to their kids than West Indian mums, you would say-yes of course, woudn't you? not - "Andrew, i have nothing more to say" :suspect:

The question arose because she was being asked yet again to justify her decision to send her son to a private school, her response was ill thought through and defensive.

She is defined as a politician solely by her colour, which she is partly responsible for, however, the public also make a huge issue of it. There was a thread on here when she first announced that she was standing as leader and virtually every post was along the lines of 'token black, blah, blah, blah'. It also highlights the disparity between the treatment of male and female politicians, there also seems to be far more attention paid to the appearances and personal lives of female ones than there is to their male counterparts.

The question arose because she was being asked yet again to justify her decision to send her son to a private school, her response was ill thought through and defensive.

She is defined as a politician solely by her colour, which she is partly responsible for, however, the public also make a huge issue of it. There was a thread on here when she first announced that she was standing as leader and virtually every post was along the lines of 'token black, blah, blah, blah'. It also highlights the disparity between the treatment of male and female politicians, there also seems to be far more attention paid to the appearances and personal lives of female ones than there is to their male counterparts.

Forget the issue of her sending her child to public school, thats a seperate thing all together. She was pressed by Andrew Niel specifically on weather she realy thought that West Indian mums were more loving than mums that are not West Indian. Her response said it all.

Forget the issue of her sending her child to public school, thats a seperate thing all together. She was pressed by Andrew Niel specifically on weather she realy thought that West Indian mums were more loving than mums that are not West Indian. Her response said it all.

Her response only said it all because you're looking to prove her a racist and seeing things that are not there. She was walking into a veritable minefield and chose not to. Talk about Rorschachian projection. :roll:

Forget the issue of her sending her child to public school, thats a seperate thing all together.

You cant forget the issue of the public school, it's what made her defensive in the first place, without it as a backdrop she probably wouldn't have made such a crass statement.

Archived