Why is Dianne Abbott being weird, she's not racist is she?

...say the wrong thing as a white man and thats it, biiiiiig trouble....Diane Abbott implies West Indian women are better mums than mums who arn't West Indian(like white women for instance) and eveythings okeedokee :roll:

Did we see the same interview? That wasn't the implication of the statement.

You could replace the words "West Indian" with 'working class' or 'professional' or 'disabled' and it wouldn't be seen as deriding mothers who didn't fall into those groups.

You could replace the words "West Indian" with 'working class' or 'professional' or 'disabled' and it wouldn't be seen as deriding mothers who didn't fall into those groups.

I think Shy Talk is making the point that we have reached a stage under Labour where we are all fearful of criticising anyone differnt to ourselves, or of expressing any feelings of superiority.

No, she doesn't. There was no comparitive element in what she said - that only exists in your head.

:hihi:

White people are an extra special super race!!!!!....not that non whites arn't of course, there is no comparitive element to that statement :roll::hihi:

No, she doesn't. There was no comparitive element in what she said - that only exists in your head.

If it wasn't an implied comparison why bother saying 'West Indian Mums' and not just mums?

Have you actually seen the interview?

Dianne clearly doesn't want to talk about the issue because she knows she is in another PC hole and doesn't want to keep digging :wink:

Personally I don't object to Dianne expressing any view or opinion that she so desires, I suspect that she might not reciprocate regarding the views and opinions that I among others might wish to express.

She is undoubtedly intelligent and by far the best of the candidates for the Labour leadership.

If it wasn't an implied comparison why bother saying 'West Indian Mums' and not just mums?

Have you actually seen the interview?

Dianne clearly doesn't want to talk about the issue because she knows she is in another PC hole and doesn't want to keep digging :wink:

Bingo, nailed it their fella.

Archived