Why is Dianne Abbott being weird, she's not racist is she?

White people are an extra special super race!!!!!....not that non whites arn't of course, there is no comparitive element to that statement :roll::hihi:

Crikey Shy talk, took you long enough to get that out, I've been expecting it for 2 days!

Personally I agree with your statement, but just as not all West Indian mothers display the qualities Abbott alluded to, there are plenty of white folks who are frankly more value price than extra special ;)

I disagree entirely h2m, if I were going to subconsciously favour someone it would more likely be someone from Yorkshire, than a black cockney.

Arr, but would that be a black yorkshireman or a white yorkshireman ?

Remember we are talking race not what region your from.

Saying that I prefer a black yorkshireman to a white cockney, but that does not prove what I say is wrong, it just means I make an informed choice knowing what cockneys are like.

Saying that again, there is no real white cockneys any more is there ? I thought all that area was now populated by blacks ?

Arr, but would that be a black yorkshireman or a white yorkshireman ?

Remember we are talking race not what region your from.

Well the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as a former employer 99.9% of my employees were white, most from Yorkshire-but that was just incidental to getting the best people to do the job, had they been Mongolian tribesmen then it wouldn't have bothered me.

Saying that I prefer a black yorkshireman to a white cockney, but that does not prove what I say is wrong, it just means I make an informed choice knowing what cockneys are like.

But it's equally as wrong to make generalisations about cockneys, as it is about any other group of people.

Saying that again, there is no real white cockneys any more is there ? I thought all that area was now populated by blacks ?

Well it's pretty multicultural, not just populated by 'blacks'. Immigrants from all over the world live in the East End, but there are plenty of white folks still there.

I think Shy Talk is making the point that we have reached a stage under Labour where we are all fearful of criticising anyone differnt to ourselves, or of expressing any feelings of superiority.

You're using nebulous statements 'fearful', 'superiority'.

The fear can only exist in the head of the people who have the fear. If you are fearful, then it's likely you were going to be describing people offensively and I don't know why anyone should have the right to do that or lack the common sense to understand it's just plain wrong.

Extending your logic, would you support Anjem Choudary if he said he was afraid of what he could say about our dead soldiers? I doubt it, most people would want to kick him up the arse.

When I heard what she said, it went straight over my head as just a comment. With all the fuss about the comment, it has me questioning her.

The same goes for the word '****' years ago we'd use that word and think nothing of it. Now we question it because people make a fuss of it.

You're using nebulous statements 'fearful', 'superiority'.

The fear can only exist in the head of the people who have the fear. If you are fearful, then it's likely you were going to be describing people offensively and I don't know why anyone should have the right to do that or lack the common sense to understand it's just plain wrong.

Extending your logic, would you support Anjem Choudary if he said he was afraid of what he could say about our dead soldiers? I doubt it, most people would want to kick him up the arse.

I disagree with you Boy Friday. The fear is generated in an innocent party who is afraid of being branded as something they are not because they express an opinion.

With regard to Anjem Choudeay I would not support him, may understand why he said it and disagree with him not label him.

Archived