Why is Dianne Abbott being weird, she's not racist is she?

I disagree with you Boy Friday. The fear is generated in an innocent party who is afraid of being branded as something they are not because they express an opinion.
The issue is the inappropriate use of labelling.

If the 'innocent party' really is innocent they have nothing to fear, but if they run around pinning inappropriate labels on people then obviously they no longer retain their innocence.

With regard to Anjem Choudeay I would not support him, may understand why he said it and disagree with him not label him.

Ok, well I'll demonstrate how subjective this fear you refer to is and happily label him.

IN MY OPINION ANJEM CHOUDARY IS A VILE RACIST.

I won't be losing a second's sleep over that revelation because the label isn't gratuitously applied.

This, the same 'reporter' who referred to Abbott and Portillo as ‘our very own chocolate HobNob and custard cream’.

It seems to be that Neil has a few issues about colour himself.

Didn't he famously date the infamous Pamela Bordes in the 80's?

This, the same 'reporter' who referred to Abbott and Portillo as ‘our very own chocolate HobNob and custard cream’.

It seems to be that Neil has a few issues about colour himself.

Really? you get that from that?

That's practically the most harmless joke of all time!

Really? you get that from that?

That's practically the most harmless joke of all time!

Let me rephrase, he turned an innocuous (albeit ill judged) comment into a racial issue, yet makes comments such as the one I outlined, drawing attention to differences of colour, which some would consider offensive.

You're tune is changing, you made a crass remark claiming Scandinavian nurses speak better English than West Indian ones, the standard of education might be better in European schools, it might not, but a child born to an English speaking family, who has sufficient intellect to become a nurse is unlikely to have worse English language skills than someone to whom English is a second language.

Now you have mentioned this I will say that, as far I know we only have one Finnish nurse.

The vast majority of our nurses are English, with a heathy minority of asians.

About 70% of the doctors are asian, as are the chemists.

Engineers are English males to a man.

Hospitals are a strange mix.

But we are all there for one thing, and that is get people well as far as possible.

But we are are being pushed at present to the limit.

Culturally, West Indians do tend to have much stronger family values, on the whole.

yeh right Africans do west indians are mostly from single parent families and resent Asians and Africans for having strong family values.

I would like to add that West Indians in the uk are some of the most racist people I have ever met especially towards Asians. This is especially true in the yorkshire and lancashire areas.

Archived