Why is Dianne Abbott being weird, she's not racist is she?

Well on the face of it, it does seem to be a very ill conceived statement on her part.

I'm not sure why she believes the 'last in first out' approach would hit blacks & females particularly hard, but you can imagine if a strategy was employed where white males who had more time served were being made redundant instead, then that would create its own social problems.

She does seem good at making stupid comments. maybe they just the tip of the iceberg, maybe they are just ill conceived points of view. We are all allowed to make slips, just how many before she starts to look like something else.

She does seem good at making stupid comments. maybe they just the tip of the iceberg, maybe they are just ill conceived points of view. We are all allowed to make slips, just how many before she starts to look like something else.

I think that's why she was never considered for a ministerial career, she had all the raw material in terms of her background and education, but her gob is a little bit too lively.

Having said that I think her triple act with Portillo and the now reviled Neil, on This Week is compulsive viewing, the chemistry between she and Portillo particularly-he really has managed to reinvent himself after the arse he used to be.

I think that's why she was never considered for a ministerial career, she had all the raw material in terms of her background and education, but her gob is a little bit too lively.

Having said that I think her triple act with Portillo and the now reviled Neil, on This Week is compulsive viewing, the chemistry between she and Portillo particularly-he really has managed to reinvent himself after the arse he used to be.

I agree, they do work well together.

I agree, she does seem to suffer from an acute case of foot in mouth, but I do wonder how much of it is a deliberate ploy to court controversy. I would also add that it's much harder for a female politician to be taken seriously. I imagine, however, that she is an excellent constituency MP which is the main thing.

The chemistry between her and Portillo is excellent, they've always been really good friends. It's a good example of friendships can transcend the political divide.

I agree, she does seem to suffer from an acute case of foot in mouth, but I do wonder how much of it is a deliberate ploy to court controversy. I would also add that it's much harder for a female politician to be taken seriously. I imagine, however, that she is an excellent constituency MP which is the main thing.
She took over from Bernie Grant didn't she? He had a reputation as a bit of a firebrand too, especially his indiscreet words after the Broadwater Farm riot, maybe she felt she had to adopt a similiar challenging demeanour after being elected, she was young, had a lot to prove and decided to sing to the gallery.

The chemistry between her and Portillo is excellent, they've always been really good friends. It's a good example of friendships can transcend the political divide.

She has a habit of doing it though, Aitken is one of her best mates, she really must have a split personality!

She took over from Bernie Grant didn't she? He had a reputation as a bit of a firebrand too, especially his indiscreet words after the Broadwater Farm riot, maybe she felt she had to adopt a similiar challenging demeanour after being elected, she was young, had a lot to prove and decided to sing to the gallery.

Did she? I thought that Grant was MP for Tottenham (constituency is now called Tottenham and Wood Green, I think) and Abbott is MP for Hackney North and Stoke Newington, both quite different constituencies, Tottenham and Wood Green is probably more socially deprived.

Grant was barking.

She has a habit of doing it though, Aitken is one of her best mates, she really must have a split personality!

:D

ETA: those Guyanese are real firebrands!:D

Did she? I thought that Grant was MP for Tottenham (constituency is now called Tottenham and Wood Green, I think) and Abbott is MP for Hackney North and Stoke Newington, both quite different constituencies, Tottenham and Wood Green is probably more socially deprived.

Grant was barking.

Oops you're quite right, puts paid to my theory! It seems the urbane and ineffectual David Lammy took over from Bernie Grant, I'm sure at one point Lammy must have fancied himself as the British version of Obama!

:D

ETA: those Guyanese are real firebrands!:D

Love it!

Archived