Why is Dianne Abbott being weird, she's not racist is she?

..but none of your links demonstrate that she believes blacks cant be racist :suspect:

really? if not why does she say what she says? either her comments are meant to be racist or she thinks she is unable to be racist. which is it? dont say nither, because if a white person said white mums bla bla, it would be seen without debate as a racist statement.

No Stackrock, Abbott doesn't say these things because she doesn't believe that black people can't be racist - she says them because she is a racist! That is totally different... Your argument is flawed, and I am not sure that you understand what is happening here... I'll put it really simple for you again, she is a racist, but it does not follow that she believes black people can't be racist...

ok, a fair point.

really? if not why does she say what she says? either her comments are meant to be racist or she thinks she is unable to be racist. which is it? dont say nither, because if a white person said white mums bla bla, it would be seen without debate as a racist statement.

I think Lady Star pretty much covered the foundation of your confusion.

Does that include fathers?

No, but neither I or Ms Abbott mentioned fathers.

You are having a laugh aren't you!!

The number of mothers who have had West Indian fathers for their children and never seem them again is huge.

See above.

Culturally, the West Indian extended family model is still very strong. The whole notion of sticking aged parents in a residential home is a total anathema, for example. There is also a reverence held for mothers that is not seen in other cultures and the family is a very matriarchal unit.

she's always been prone to accusations of reverse-racism. Even 20 years ago, she attacked 'blonde haired, blue eyed nurses, who can't speak the language', even though they could, probably better than most West Indians, from places like Norway, Holland, and Sweden getting jobs in the NHS, because they weren't black. She wanted Jamaican and Bajan nurses to get preference, even though they're not European.

she advocated black sections in the Labour party, when everybody now realises that would have been a terrible idea.

My bold

Are only Europeans capable of being good nurses, then? I think the medical profession in the USA might have something to say about that!

Archived