Why is Dianne Abbott being weird, she's not racist is she?

No, but neither I or Ms Abbott mentioned fathers.

See above.

Culturally, the West Indian extended family model is still very strong. The whole notion of sticking aged parents in a residential home is a total anathema, for example. There is also a reverence held for mothers that is not seen in other cultures and the family is a very matriarchal unit.

so you agree with abbots racist statement?

she said west indian mums, not mums,

Ok, I'm no fan of Diane Abbott's, but during the interview, Andrew Neill (quite properly) challenged her about her son's schooling and her decision to pay for it.

Clearly that put her on the back foot, and I guess people get defensive when challenged about how they bring up her children.

Whilst I dont agree with her decision, there are certain malign influences that are particularly attractive to young, black males in London, so her statement appeared to me to be a personal one, "I'm a protective black mother, who wants to do the best I can for my children", she wasn't claiming that West Indian mothers are better than white ones, since she didn't mention them.

so you agree with abbots racist statement?

she said west indian mums, not mums,

really? is that when you take dads out of the picture?

You're obviously determined to peg Diane Abbott as racist. I do not see anything remotely racist about her statement. I've already answered the question about 'dads'. You've made your point, move on.

Ok, I'm no fan of Diane Abbott's, but during the interview, Andrew Neill (quite properly) challenged her about her son's schooling and her decision to pay for it.

Clearly that put her on the back foot, and I guess people get defensive when challenged about how they bring up her children.

Whilst I dont agree with her decision, there are certain malign influences that are particularly attractive to young, black males in London, so her statement appeared to me to be a personal one, "I'm a protective black mother, who wants to do the best I can for my children", she wasn't claiming that West Indian mothers are better than white ones, since she didn't mention them.

you know what, your right.

No, but neither I or Ms Abbott mentioned fathers.

See above.

Culturally, the West Indian extended family model is still very strong. The whole notion of sticking aged parents in a residential home is a total anathema, for example. There is also a reverence held for mothers that is not seen in other cultures and the family is a very matriarchal unit.

no reverence for fathers they are an anathema, or am i wrong? alittle off thread so might start one on this subject.

Archived