Why is Dianne Abbott being weird, she's not racist is she?

Back on topic. Did Dianne Abbott state that West Indian mums are better than their white counterparts? No, she made no comparison whatsoever. Given that many West Indian mothers are single mothers, as many have been at pains to point out on this thread, it would seem natural to me that West Indian mums would 'go to the wall' for their children.

Abbott's comment had clearly been in response to being asked to justify why she chose to send her son to a private school, particularly in light of her criticism of Blair and Harman over their children's schooling. It's a sensitive issue and one that she obviously gets defensive about.

It seems to me that whenever she's interviewed, this becomes the sole focus of the discussion. I personally think that she was wrong to be so vociferous in her condemnation of fellow Labour MPs to then go down the same route. She claims that under Labour, the schools in Hackney have improved and she would now not make the same decision if faced with it. Personally, I do not believe her. However, none of the above makes her racist in my view.

Back on topic. Did Dianne Abbott state that West Indian mums are better than their white counterparts? No, she made no comparison whatsoever. Given that many West Indian mothers are single mothers, as many have been at pains to point out on this thread, it would seem natural to me that West Indian mums would 'go to the wall' for their children.

Abbott's comment had clearly been in response to being asked to justify why she chose to send her son to a private school, particularly in light of her criticism of Blair and Harman over their children's schooling. It's a sensitive issue and one that she obviously gets defensive about.

It seems to me that whenever she's interviewed, this becomes the sole focus of the discussion. I personally think that she was wrong to be so vociferous in her condemnation of fellow Labour MPs to then go down the same route. She claims that under Labour, the schools in Hackney have improved and she would now not make the same decision if faced with it. Personally, I do not believe her. However, none of the above makes her racist in my view.

dont worry suffy its certain people on here that are trying to find ANY amount of racism (even if its made up) by black people to back up their warped ideas on racism and make out THEYRE not racist

Archived