Why is Dianne Abbott being weird, she's not racist is she?

Back on topic. Did Dianne Abbott state that West Indian mums are better than their white counterparts? No, she made no comparison whatsoever. Given that many West Indian mothers are single mothers, as many have been at pains to point out on this thread, it would seem natural to me that West Indian mums would 'go to the wall' for their children.

That's the real point, she made no reference to white people at all, it's like someone from Sheffield saying "being a Yorkshireman I know what hard work is", it doesn't mean we work harder than other people it's just we've had to be familiar with it.

I doubt that Scandinavian nurses could speak English better than West Indian ones, since English is the 1st language of West Indians.

Their educational systems are better. The result is the output of that superior education investment speaks better English, even though English may not be their first language.

I've met many more Swedes and Norwegians, Dutch, and Danes, than if have Bajans, Jamaicians, and Trinanidians, that can read, write, and speak good English.

She gave an opinion. She has every right to.

It is pathetic trying to label people racists or whatever just because their view doesn't agree with anothers perception.

she is an MP what she says where she says it how she says it why she says it and how others understand what she says matters and is open for debate.

Archived