ConDems may cut 40,000 police jobs warns chairman of the Police Federation

Why didn't the previous government use this increase in wealth to wipe out the deficit? After all, no country wants to throw it's hard earned tax money away on interest payments.

Good question and I wish they had have taken it from those who made a lot of money.

You know folk always do this about the Tories, scare mongering. Remember when Boris Johnson was elected Mayor of London, they were saying London would be in chaos, I remember seeing a photoshopped image of London predicting what it would be like under Boris, looked like after the Blitz. None of the doom and anarchy materialised, so if, and it's a big if, because I think this is just the spin a union is putting out, it might mean some impact, but I don't think Britain is going to turn into Mexico City overnight.

Losing the Police is not neccesarily a bad thing.

For starters people caught are not jailed a lot of the time and those that are serve less than half their sentences, and the prisons are full.

If we caught half as many criminals we could lock them up for the full duration, keeping the same amount of criminals off the streets, rather than having them enter/exit the system twice as often.

Remind me once again how much the country was worth in 1997 and how much it is worth now?

How about a response to my question before you return to this claim?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=6646428&postcount=316

You have already conceded (after many months) that [our] "information clearly contradicts". You were going to send an "email" to someone to "clarify this one". What happened to that?

How about a response to my question before you return to this claim?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=6646428&postcount=316

You have already conceded (after many months) that [our] "information clearly contradicts". You were going to send an "email" to someone to "clarify this one". What happened to that?

You aren't waiting on a response from me old lad, one report from the ONS puts the figure at 9 Trillion (up from 3) and the other at between 7 and 8 (up form 3) and I'm waiting for clarification on which is right. Until this is received I won't be quoting the 9 Trillion, just that the value of the UK is considerably more than when they came to power.

Still you keep telling people how they screwed the finances up if it makes you feel comfortable with your political preference, and by the way weren't you going to tell us all how much you made during Labours time in office, when you believe they screwed "our" finances up.

Still waiting for a response!

Archived