Are we humans the only ones??

ladyB

You'd have to prove that hetrosexual animals have the concept that sex is for procreation. The drive to have sex would be the same in both sets, so it isn't neccessarily for pleasure.

The OP was talking about sex for pleasure rather than simple procreation so for the sake of the question I assumed that non-procreative sex was for pleasure. OK this is a generalisation as many species seem to use it for social bonding as well. I doubt that many - if any - animals have the formal concept of sex for procreation more the sex instinct which drives them to procreate.

Are there any other species who do it 'face to face'? Isn't that why we have lips, to mimic the other pair of lips present in females?

Bonobos do (is it just me or do bonobos seem to be exceptionaly randy!?) and I think that gorillas have been observed having face to face sex too

Archived