Stolen propery advice needed

A shop will not return goods till they have a Police receipt for them. Many shops and even people have been conned in this way by a person claiming goods are theirs ( Take too long to explain but there has been a new ruse by druggies ). After the Police recover the goods they will eventually be returned to the owner. The thief if caught would also face charges of obtaining money by deception as well as theft, It could well be that the shop would also get their money back or part of it.

i hope you have more luck than an ex girl friend of mine in recovering your goods, she had her car stolen whilst she was in howells solicitors pitsmoor ,we used howells phone to report the theft and waited in their office till the police turned up, they took us to her house where she produced all the ownership details and made a statement .

a month later her mother spotted her car parked in woodseats police station ,so we went and asked for it back ,the desk sgt. said after checking that he would returnn the car but he couldnt as it was up to the c i d in attercliffe who were holding a man in custody regarding a crime where the car had been used , so off we went and thats when the trouble started

a young arrogant c i d copper decided that the man had bought the car in good faith so he would be keeping it ,despite all the records of the theft of the car,the ownership details and the receipt for purchase she never did get her car back

That is right Dupoix. As the man himself had bought the car in " Good Faith " from another person, Even if the other person knew it to be stolen. The man gets to keep it. But many times this has been overuled by the courts. An application to the County Courts is sometimes worth it. The same applies to many stolen goods evn household. It is wrong as then there are two victims. The person stolen from. The person that bought in good faith.

Archived