Are dads needed or are they an optional extra?

My aunty once commented that if half the dads who had gone to court for the right to take their kids to the park and MaccyD's at the weekends had done so in the first place, they wouldn't have been in this position at all

everything in life is too disposable now :shakes:

hmm, there is truth to what she said, but court action takes time and commitment, the flakes fly away quick.

Yes, dads are needed, but unfortunately, some dont give a **** and cant be bothered once they have a new life.

if your first point is true, and i think it is, why do fathers has less legal and social status than mothers?

your second point is also true, however why are all fathers punished for the actions of some men/fathers?

Everyone on seems to asking the question are Dad's needed.

Could we not ask the same about women.

In reality good parents are required, be they male or female, ideally two as it is a massive job.

My hat comes off to anyone who tries to bring up a child alone.

I know good single parent families with only a father caring about his children

Everyone on seems to asking the question are Dad's needed.

Could we not ask the same about women.

In reality good parents are required, be they male or female, ideally two as it is a massive job.

My hat comes off to anyone who tries to bring up a child alone.

I know good single parent families with only a father caring about his children

I agree, there are good and bad parents of both sexes. Ideally, if purely from a practical level and the need to share concerns, celebrate successes and care for a child, two parents both of whom have the same vested interest in the child/ren, is ideal. What I do disagree with is the assumption that children are automatically better off in the care of their mother in the event of a couple separating, although this is gradually changing.

my cousin has just walked out on her partner (who is a good freind of mine) and their 5 children (all under 10)

she said she was goin to the shops and didnt come back :confused: we were all a bit worried about her, then within a few hours we heard she had been to mates house with a man asking if they could stop there :huh:

then a couple of days later we learn that she has shacked up with this bloke and hasnt spoken to her children or made any arrangements regarding them. she brought her "new bloke" to the house to collect her stuff and never spoke to her kids. :rant:

now the father of the kids has been to the solicators and got some tempory thing to stop her just turning up and taking them. (not that she would though)

they told him they would contact her regarding the court procedure for custody and arranging for to spend some time with the kids etc etc, but she wont anwser the phone or the letters.

i think the father will do an excellent job bringing up these kids on his own and im really proud of him for stepping up and doin the right thing.

im hoping the court process will be simple for him and the kids as she doesnt seem to care so it may be.

if your first point is true, and i think it is, why do fathers has less legal and social status than mothers?

your second point is also true, however why are all fathers punished for the actions of some men/fathers?

My first point is true, because my kids have said so, they have said they want there dad in there lifes up until now, when he hasnt been bothered and my son, who is 16 isnt bothered either way now, he has said, if his dad doesnt want to be his dad then so be it, its his loss. As for why a lot of dads get tarred with the same brush, i can only assume, its because there is a lot more dads than mums who are like this?

so if dads are needed why dont they get the same rights?

no idea, i personally think its stupid that they dont tbh.

weve just had to see a solicator as my son was born before a certain year meant he had no parental right over our son but he has over our daughter who is only 2. apparently they changed the law or something so that after a certain year any kids born after that year both parents had it and not just the mother, i belive it also had something to do with us not being married at the time also.

Archived