I have done something I never thought I would do!

i have almost got rid of my facebook account but only because i cann't control what people put as comments on my page and it gets me in bother sometimes !!

Course you can Malcolm.... There's a delete button next to every comment on your page that you can use..........

Yeah but you can limit it on FB too! You can become practically invisible on there.

My sons say that if I joined FB they wouldn't have me as a friend. However thanks to their careless friends if I type their names into google image their FB photo comes up on screen. If I click on it I am linked to some type of FB page with my son's photo on and photographs of several of their 'friends'. If I click onto any of those photos their FB page opens showing photos of their friends. I can't do anything else without joining FB but I guess someone with more tech knowledge would be able to. I gave my eldest lad quite a scare when I asked about one of his FB friends. :D

You dont have to play the games on there, Ive never played any of them in the years Ive been on Facebook and Ive always found lots of interesting things to do, from tormenting people to researching old school photographs with me on them that I never thought existed.

Use it properly and its a brilliant resource and an endless source of fascination that doesnt involve games or throwing sheep at each other. The main reason I`m a rarity on SF these days is because of Facebook, there are ... god... HUNDREDS of things to do there and if its used right its interesting and educational.

The trick of course, is to use it properly.

Your posts are funny and I read them every day but otherwise Im not keen on it.

Archived