Why has this happened to my car??

I've had my car almost a week and i've had a magnetic 'P' plate stuck on the back. I took it off today to wash the car and in the middle of where the 'P' plate has been, the red paint work on my car seems to have faded. It definatley wasn't like this before i put it on. Does anyone know why it's happened and is there anything i can do to get it back to how it was? Thanks.

I've had my car almost a week and i've had a magnetic 'P' plate stuck on the back. I took it off today to wash the car and in the middle of where the 'P' plate has been, the red paint work on my car seems to have faded. It definatley wasn't like this before i put it on. Does anyone know why it's happened and is there anything i can do to get it back to how it was? Thanks.

The P plate is green, is it not?

Your car is red, it is fashionistas rewarding you for breaking their cardinal rule.

Red and Green should never be seen, (actually its a Navy saying, but we'll leave it simple):hihi:

Use some T-Cut on it and it should get it shining again. Magnetic plates are not good on paintwork, I would just stick it up in the corner of your rear window.

Thanks saxon. The rest of the paintwork is fine, the only bit thats faded is where the magnet has been.

You didnt mention that.

How long has the plate been on?

Most bodies are galvanised to prevent corrossion these days.

Could it be some galvanic action between the ferritte magnets and the galvanised body of the car?

If not, just do as saxon says and get some Turtle wax.

It saves all this nonsense. ;)

(get the right colour mind)

Archived