Old school friends from hinde house or hucklow road

ozgirl

Alan , I don't suppose you have a sister called Heather, who I guess would be 69 years old now, who also attended Hinde House school.?

Hi Dougie, this is Heather (not 69 til May). I remember you very well, we used to sit on the grass slope at the end of the playground at lunchtimes and have some good chats. There were several of us who always did this and I can't remember all of them, but two of them were Pat Hall and Rachel Lunney. There were a couple of your friends also but not sure exactly who they were. Ken Thompson and Keith Rhodes come to mind. Do you remember those days.

Hi Dougie, this is Heather (not 69 til May). I remember you very well, we used to sit on the grass slope at the end of the playground at lunchtimes and have some good chats. There were several of us who always did this and I can't remember all of them, but two of them were Pat Hall and Rachel Lunney. There were a couple of your friends also but not sure exactly who they were. Ken Thompson and Keith Rhodes come to mind. Do you remember those days.

Hi Heather nice to hear from you, sorry about the age thing I was 69 in October so didn't think you wouldn't be about the same . You realy are a ayoungster are you not, I remember loads of people from back then Ive written loads out for you to remember but lost it all [im not too good on the computer im afraid] so ill get back to you another time with the names , im sure you will recall some if not all.

---------- Post added 18-01-2016 at 21:33 ----------

im here again Heather as promised.Ill list some of the people I remember.starting with wincobank pupils , Peter Beedham BrendaHumphries AlanWilkinson Les Walker PeterChapman Bernard Dickenson John Davis JohnWragg KiethRhodes KenThompson Iris Goucher Dennis Walker Mary Seaman Hilda & Margaret Wakefield Karen Moverly JeanChallenor Allan Ramsay Pauline Armitage Derek Elliot .I hope you remember some of them. ive got quite a few more for another time , see you then .

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Heather,i noticed on another site that you were at Hucklow rd with Margaret Gandy, you may have noticed that we bumped into each other at meadowhall, I realy enjoyed talking to her and her hubby, she lives at Chapletown now , I live in Chesterfield . I love to see old friends. My wife and I chatted toMargaret and her husband for about 1/2 a hour. I wonder if you new Brian Swallow, he was younger than us but I think he also had asister who may have been more our age.

Hi Dougie

I remember quite a few of the names including Les Walker, Peter Chapman, John Wragg, Keith Rhodes, Ken Thompson, Karen Moverley and Jean Chaloner. I'll think of some more names and see if you remember any of them. My friend Pat Hall and I used to walk over from Firth Park and hang about with Karen and other friends outside her dad's shop on Newman Rd. Didn't Jean's sister Alma marry Brendan Ingle. I met Glen Broad today in Morrisons and he's not changed, I still knew him. Do you remember him, he went to Wincobank school. I live in Norton and was in Chesterfield yesterday , it's a small world

Hi Dougie

I remember quite a few of the names including Les Walker, Peter Chapman, John Wragg, Keith Rhodes, Ken Thompson, Karen Moverley and Jean Chaloner. I'll think of some more names and see if you remember any of them. My friend Pat Hall and I used to walk over from Firth Park and hang about with Karen and other friends outside her dad's shop on Newman Rd. Didn't Jean's sister Alma marry Brendan Ingle. I met Glen Broad today in Morrisons and he's not changed, I still knew him. Do you remember him, he went to Wincobank school. I live in Norton and was in Chesterfield yesterday , it's a small world

HiHeather , may I say before I go anyfurther that I remember you with fondness not in a creepy way but a friendly way,that being said yes jeans sister did marry Brendan ,I remember Glenn very well and last time I saw him was on Woodseats many years ago, I live in Brimington Chesterfield. My wife and I have relations who live in Norton a cousin who lives near Norton Chuch, and uncle who lives near the Bishops house end:help:

---------- Post added 05-02-2016 at 16:17 ----------

HiHeather , may I say before I go anyfurther that I remember you with fondness not in a creepy way but a friendly way,that being said yes jeans sister did marry Brendan ,I remember Glenn very well and last time I saw him was on Woodseats many years ago, I live in Brimington Chesterfield. My wife and I have relations who live in Norton a cousin who lives near Norton Chuch, and uncle who lives near the Bishops house end:help:

Im sure youll rememberRoy and Carol Slack , Roy lives in Dronfield Carol lives in Driffield . Rodney Lunt lived in Dronfield also , and so did Paul Jones . Do you go in the Morrisons on Meadowhead , I used to take my dear old mominlaw there every week , bless her.

My cousins daughter janet works there , loverlygirl on check outs black girl .ill get back to you again Heather. I love chatting to you speak again soon. bye

---------- Post added 05-02-2016 at 16:19 ----------

Im sure youll rememberRoy and Carol Slack , Roy lives in Dronfield Carol lives in Driffield . Rodney Lunt lived in Dronfield also , and so did Paul Jones . Do you go in the Morrisons on Meadowhead , I used to take my dear old mominlaw there every week , bless her.

My cousins daughter janet works there , loverlygirl on check outs black girl .ill get back to you again Heather. I love chatting to you speak again soon. bye

---------- Post added 05-02-2016 at 21:12 ----------

Im back again heather, some more names to mull over. Charlie Witham,there were several Withams I believe that attended H H ,Glynn Smith ,Geoff Barker,Sussan Kramer,Bromley Duce, Christine Smith, Pat Turton,Margaret Gandy ,Paul Robinson, Geoff Greaves, Derek Wilson,Rod Socket, Paul Jones,Michael& Paul Godwin,Rodney Lunt, Geoff Hughes, Yvonne Lewis , PeterCrookes , Mick & Kieth Godwin not Paul as stated earlier,Mavis Potterton,Melvin Berchall. well that's about it for now. ill start on some of the teachers later on.

---------- Post added 09-02-2016 at 00:38 ----------

Heather, ive been thinking about your friend Pat Hall, was she a small blonde haired girl , I remember her if that is her she was anice girl .there are one or two that I have memorys of but don't remember their names .I have thought of a few teachers that I can recall such as mr and mrs Napier , who were both small people , I remember the first day at HH my mate Bernard Dickinson pushed mrs Napier down the stairs at first break , thinking she was a daudling young pupil .Mr napier was the metalwork teacher, then there was George Ridgeway who taught woodwork , mr Cliff who taught science mr milner who was the p.e teacher, the lovely mrs Howe taught you p.e , mr Andrews , mr Chaplin [who I see now and then ] he lives in coalaston Dronfield, mr Milner worked at Gladys Buxton on Green lane Dronfield, mrs Chatterton ,mrs Smith [music] ,mrs Bedford[ who I believe married mr Scocroft the head] mrTurner deputy head,mr Crooke, drama, mr Ward[ who was tall, slim and had black curly hair and a mustache] and mr Okeefe who also taught p. e. you will probably remember some more.

Hi Dougie, Yes I saw Glen at Morrisons Meadowhead. I live just down form the church. I remember Carol Slack but not her brother. I think the Godwin brothers lived next door to Pat Hall on Vickers Road, and she was dark haired and tallish not small and blonde. Some more names for you, Doreen White, Joan Kipling, Rachael Lunney, Angela Adams, Graham Carr, Peter Farrell, David turner, Peter Nile. Peter Clarkson and George Pridmore. I'll keep thinking. A few teachers, Mr Lord who taught religious education, very apt name. We used to call him creeping Jesus. Mrs Turner who taught History and used to sit on the desk showing her legs to the boys. I think that Mr Ridgeway sadly died recently. Do you remember Mr Hook? he took us for English and I thought he was wonderful, he taught us more about life than anyone and was very irreverent, and upset many a parent. He took us to Stratford to the Shakespeare theatre once and called us all prostitutes for wearing nail polish. The school was besieged by angry mothers and he had to apologise to us all.There was another art teacher, a really ferocious lady but have forgotten her name. She live a few doors away from me and I was terrified of doing wrong if she was around. Think she was the only car owner around so we got out of her way when she took to the road. Memories.

Hi Heather,i noticed on another site that you were at Hucklow rd with Margaret Gandy, you may have noticed that we bumped into each other at meadowhall, I realy enjoyed talking to her and her hubby, she lives at Chapletown now , I live in Chesterfield . I love to see old friends. My wife and I chatted toMargaret and her husband for about 1/2 a hour. I wonder if you new Brian Swallow, he was younger than us but I think he also had asister who may have been more our age.

Hi dougi

Brian Swallow was in my class at Hucklow Rd. He went to Hinde House 1962

Hi dougi

Brian Swallow was in my class at Hucklow Rd. He went to Hinde House 1962

Hi Alan , I know Brian attended H H , we worked together at Crabtree and Nicol and were still friends,i was at H H but left before you and Brian got there. I don't know whether Heather is your sister , but if not you must at leastknow her as she was head girl after I left .Any way back to Brian , he now lives in Whitwell between Chesterfield and Worksop. im still in contact with him if youd like to speak to him . private message me and ill give you his No. if that's ok with him ofcourse.