Fat Cats already back on 100% bonuses

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11279763

A survey of the FTSE 100 top firms average bonuses.

I've no problem with bonuses per se for rewarding success and prudent management. But considering the impact which they have had on the rest of the economy and people's jobs, i'd question what exactly they have done to achieve them?

As FTSE listed companies have a duty to their shareholders then it's to them (the share holders) to make their views known whether good or bad...you need to see the terms of employment the people involved...

HP, by practice promote the top 5% and sack the bottom 5% in their annual review system, so no new news there.

Do you work here also? "promotions" don't really happen - people don't want to take on more when all you'll get is a kick in the knackers for it, and certainly no payrises, despite many $B profit. No payrises for the top performers either.

I didn't join HP by choice of course, EDS was bought last year, so its not an ethos I bought into at any stage. Its a long way from HPs roots.

As FTSE listed companies have a duty to their shareholders then it's to them (the share holders) to make their views known whether good or bad...you need to see the terms of employment the people involved...

Well in many cases it's us, the taxpayers who are the majority shareholders and I don't see much changing from this government.

Well in many cases it's us, the taxpayers who are the majority shareholders and I don't see much changing from this government.

Apart from a couple of banks, which FTSE 100 are we the majority share holders of? As for banks, if we own the majority of shares don't we want them to make a profit so we can get dividends and sell on when the time is right..?

Of this list, which companies have:

1) Increased bonuses to top level start?

2) Frozen pay rises for standard staff

3) Taken government handouts over the last 2 years?

If there are any that fit the above criteria, I wouldn't blame people for being annoyed about it, but I cant find any evidence that any of these companies had done all of the above.

Apart from a couple of banks, which FTSE 100 are we the majority share holders of? As for banks, if we own the majority of shares don't we want them to make a profit so we can get dividends and sell on when the time is right..?

Banks have cost us so far £850bn to bail out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/163850bn-official-cost-of-the-bank-bailout-1833830.html

That is around 20% of GDP and £350bn more than the entire annual UK budget. While perhaps in 20 or 30 years time we might get out money back, but that doesn't really help those who are are losing their jobs right now, those who have done nothing wrong what so ever. I do not think that public funds should be spent propping up socially useless private institutions so that a select few can make even more money.

Banks have cost us so far £850bn to bail out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/163850bn-official-cost-of-the-bank-bailout-1833830.html

That is around 20% of GDP and £350bn more than the entire annual UK budget. While perhaps in 20 or 30 years time we might get out money back, but that doesn't really help those who are are losing their jobs right now, those who have done nothing wrong what so ever. I do not think that public funds should be spent propping up socially useless private institutions so that a select few can make even more money.

That doesn't address the situation we're in now...we need the banks we part own to make money so we can get it back....what would you have done with the banking crisis..? Would you have let them go to the wall and watched the domino effect?

That doesn't address the situation we're in now...we need the banks we part own to make money so we can get it back....what would you have done with the banking crisis..? Would you have let them go to the wall and watched the domino effect?

We can't move forward until we properly address the problems in the past. Do we really want the banks to get quickly back into profit just so they can carry on what they've been doing for the last 20 years? Just so the same thing can happen in another 5, 10 or 15 years?

While the bailout was just about acceptable in my eyes so savers didn't lose money, we've done absolutely NOTHING to ensure exactly the same thing doesn't happen again in the future. The majority of the investment banking industry is socially useless and totally out of touch with society.

We can't move forward until we properly address the problems in the past. Do we really want the banks to get quickly back into profit just so they can carry on what they've been doing for the last 20 years? Just so the same thing can happen in another 5, 10 or 15 years?

While the bailout was just about acceptable in my eyes so savers didn't lose money, we've done absolutely NOTHING to ensure exactly the same thing doesn't happen again in the future. The majority of the investment banking industry is socially useless and totally out of touch with society.

I for one do want the publicly owned banks to get into profit..we'll get our cash back quicker that way...

Archived