WARNING - Possible telephone scam

Tawny

What I don't understand is why they insist on saying that Microsoft somehow have identified your PC as being infected, and then taken the time to find your phone number to inform you, I think Microsoft get too much credit.

Yes, it's amazing what they manage to do, what with them being already busy tracking all those emails to find out how many people forwarded it so the can send $1 for every one to a sick and dying child

I had this exact same thing, unfortunately for the guy on the other end I work with computers all day and was in a particularly bad mood.

For 90 minutes, he was quite patient "OK, but where is the any key?", "What do you mean re-boot? Should I kick it?"

After I got particularly bored, I decided to tell him that I was in an airport departure lounge 30 miles from the PC he was fixing for me.

Haha that is great! I got this call passed down from my parents, so I told him I was using Linux, he soon hung up.

• 4 months later...

you find most of these are comming in from India, China, Pakistan and Brazill, i had one myself but just called him a scamming (censord word) and put the phone down, 2 mins later he called back calling me a "english (censored word)" and hung up, i laughed like crazy.

Archived