WARNING - Possible telephone scam

Tawny

I had one of these a while ago, inspired by YouTube videos I had him on hold or trying to explain basic concepts to me for around 50 minutes before telling him I don't own a PC and I thought he meant my TV.

The other ones I like is when someone phones trying to sell me gas/electric/phone deals, I swiftly advise them that I generate my own electric from my horde of hamsters in wheels, my gas from the beans I feed them and that my phone is the tin cans from the beans I feed my electric generating hamsters.

:hihi:

The other ones I like is when someone phones trying to sell me gas/electric/phone deals, I swiftly advise them that I generate my own electric from my horde of hamsters in wheels, my gas from the beans I feed them and that my phone is the tin cans from the beans I feed my electric generating hamsters.

You should get these ideas on tele marketing,i'm sure you would make a fortune

I can see you've done your research.

Just out of interest,how many hamsters would the goat replace and how big would the wheel have to be.

My maths reveal:

Goat*x/y+hamster*n=Wheel size

And goats being lazy animals would only replace 3 hamsters.

The main reason for the goat is to move into the gardening business.

'The renewable energy lawnmower'

Last time I had a gas and electric supplier asking me if I wanted their marvellous services, I told them that I thought sending the electric and gas down the same pipe would be dangerous :|

• 1 year later...
Hi All,

Apologies if I have posted this to the wrong forum, but wanted to pass this on to every one.

Have received a telephone call from someone claiming to be from Tech My Help. He said that they are Microsoft certified and they have been told by Microsoft that I have download some 'corrupt' software onto my computer. He then goes on to say that he will show me what the problems are, in an attempt to get me worried. The next thing is that he wanted me to allow him remote access to my computer.

When I said I was not going to type his instructions into the 'run command' to allow him access, he said that my computer will stop running in the next few days. When I told him I did not believe him, he became very abusive :suspect:

The telephone number he was calling from was withheld, so I am unable to help you with that. The only thing I can say, and I do not want to be racist, is that he did not have a British accent.

So, if you get a call from someone claiming that Microsoft have told them to contact you because you have major problems with your computer, PLEASE BE CAREFUL :suspect: NOT TO ALLOW THEM REMOTE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER. :suspect:

Thank you for bringing this up. This helps update everybody about the latest scams. Most of us may be aware about this already but not everyone.

By the way, did you get what company he was representing? Or where he's located? If the number was kept private, you can subpoena the telephone company to release the caller's information. You can even sue them, SC ruled that.

I've read about this suggestion from the consumer complaint site called CALLERCENTER and I did the same when I got a prank call.

Thay are working in the Rotherham area at min, 4 people have asked me about it today all live in maltby area.

I got the call a few weeks ago, maybe they are going through the local phone book .. I played along for a while before asking … “does anyone actually fall for this, surely nobody is that stupid”

I could hear a voice in the background telling him to continue with his spiel ….. he continued to read parrot fashion from his note book …….. you’ve got to laugh haven’t you.

Archived