No No No It's Too Early

I suppose that it helps people spread the cost of the festive season over 4 months, although the mince pies' use by date is well before Christmas.

The thing is though, why do people feel that they need to spend a shed-load of money on Christmas? I hear reports of families maxing out their credit cards to get through Christmas and for the life of me I can't work out why it's necessary.

The thing is though, why do people feel that they need to spend a shed-load of money on Christmas? I hear reports of families maxing out their credit cards to get through Christmas and for the life of me I can't work out why it's necessary.

Social pressure? Pressure from the kids? Because it's the one time of the year when people feel justified in having a real blow out?

What's not to like?! I love it. I do an advent treasure hunt for the kids for December, which means now is the time to start thinking up the blasted clues, which must rhyme. Arrrggghhhh - why did I devise this family tradition, it's such hard work.:loopy:

I hate xmas, and told my kids since day 1 no such thing as father xmas, presents etc etc. see the other thread that someone started days ago.

xmas should be banned

I hate xmas, and told my kids since day 1 no such thing as father xmas, presents etc etc. see the other thread that someone started days ago.

xmas should be banned

You don't give your kids presents at Christmas?

You don't give your kids presents at Christmas?

old now but never did, told them from day one no such thing as father xmas, tooth fairy etc etc.

why lie to kids????? and no im not tight, i just dont belive in buying gifts for a so called someones birthday who didnt exist etc.

Archived