Haha! Bar - what is the food like?

charl.kent

Then wipe your arse with it and go somewhere else.

:)

Nice one :D

I agree - the food is shocking...I had a steak sandwich for lunch a month or so ago and if I could have found anyone to complain to I would have done...there were no staff around, just one young girl who looked her dog had just died and who seemed totally oblivious to everything around her - including us...the steak was the smallest, toughest, most gristly piece of meat I've had in a long while, served inside a small stale bun that was so dry it sucked every drop of moisture out of my gob...served with a few lukewarm fries. Overpriced rubbish.

It always amazes me that these poor quality restarant/pub chains survive doing such lousy food and with mostly terrible service, yet most of the time especially the pubs seem to be thriving, I recently ate in a Chef & Brewer and the food was awful and overpriced but the place was packed.

Do we just accept low standards as the norm in this country???

I have never really eaten there but friends have had, if not bad, then underwhelming or disappointing experiences

...but it *is* quite a nice bar. Especially with sitting outside in the square if there's some sunshine. There is a mellow vibe, even if it's emanating from the unhurrying staff - but I agree that the food there is not a draw.

Archived