In around three weeks time I will be known as Grandad Kirky

kirky

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Kirky, erm... congratulations?

Your daughter must have been pregnant before she left for the states then right?

Did she have a good time anyway?

she had a great time mate,she brought loads of photo's back,i love the ones of her in alcatraz:)

Dear Mr. Kirky ,

Congratulations and bottoms up on you soon becoming a Grandpa !!

We , at the Wincarnis Home for Retired Gentlefolk , have been keeping a beady eye on your career .

In fact , I feel quite confident that there could well be a couple of beds going spare shortly , as one or two of our residents have been looking distinctly seedy lately .

Don't let on , whatever you do , but we are convinced that Miss Cornbottom-Thistle has been knitting you a pair of mittens on the q.t. , for when you join us , which we hope and pray , will be soon. You could play some of that music of yours . Some of our ladies would love to twirl you round , to the beat of Max Bygraves or Edmundo Ross .

" So , don't delay , we're here all day and though we're old , we love to play ."

From Ms. Ada Gristlehind

Semolina Ward ,

Wincarnis Home for Retired Gentlefolk ,

Spinach Lane ,

Dumpem,

Nr. Sheffield

Originally posted by Fareast

Dear Mr. Kirky ,

Congratulations and bottoms up on you soon becoming a Grandpa !!

We , at the Wincarnis Home for Retired Gentlefolk , have been keeping a beady eye on your career .

In fact , I feel quite confident that there could well be a couple of beds going spare shortly , as one or two of our residents have been looking distinctly seedy lately .

Don't let on , whatever you do , but we are convinced that Miss Cornbottom-Thistle has been knitting you a pair of mittens on the q.t. , for when you join us , which we hope and pray , will be soon. You could play some of that music of yours . Some of our ladies would love to twirl you round , to the beat of Max Bygraves or Edmundo Ross .

" So , don't delay , we're here all day and though we're old , we love to play ."

From Ms. Ada Gristlehind

Semolina Ward ,

Wincarnis Home for Retired Gentlefolk ,

Spinach Lane ,

Dumpem,

Nr. Sheffield

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

spoil the babby rotten! lol that's my advice!

enjoy your grandchild, and just have a good time with im/ her

oh, and i'll have the knitting needles out, kirky, and I'll do her some mittens and bootees for the baby.. lol.

when's her exact due-date?

(thinks... gonna have to hurry, if it's only another three weeks or so! )

keep us posted on the developments, and, of course, we'll want to see loads of pics! lol

PT

XXX

Originally posted by kirky

but why does the little boys daddy want **** all to do with him now? as i said its his loss,i couldn't imagine life without my son or daughters for that matter.

I have no idea Kirky. He must have his reasons...although they are probably all immature and not very well-thought out ones! How old is he? I can not really comment on the mental state of most men let alone this one!! I just know that people make mistakes and bad judgements. It sounds as though he is doing this right now and may realise later down the line that he made a huge balls up. May I suggest that if you are able, try to get him to be a part of his child's life. I know you probably feel like kicking the living daylights out of him right now, but you have to think of the future and what the child might want. I grew up without a Father albeit a different situation to this. I met him when I was 20, but had to haul ass to Spain on my own in order to find him. It would not have been so easy for him to be around in my youth but GOD did I desperately need to know him. He turned out to be toss piece and a total loser, and he died last year at the ripe old age of 49 cos he basically slowly killed himself over the years cos he could not cope with the mistakes he had made in life. I could not stand the guy, but I am glad I got to vaguely know him. I wish things could have been different.

All I am saying is don't throw away opportunities that will have repercussions on another person. I suffered years of heartache not knowing the things I needed to know. If you have the chance to keep things simple for your grandson, please do. He will thank you for it in the future.

Of course, there is always someone who will hold a different opinion to mine despite being in a similar situation. We all see things differently. The decision is ultimately yours and your family's.

Best wishes