Way to go France (finally)

USUK

Sorry but I think they have made a stand. They have made a declaration, to the world, that they intend to preserve the French culture.

Unlike our bleeding heart liberals, at both sides of the pond, who are more interested in preserving other peoples feelings than their own culture.

How does around 2000 women wearing the full veil in a population of 60 million pose any kind of threat to the French culture?

How does around 2000 women wearing the full veil in a population of 60 million pose any kind of threat to the French culture?

It doesn't, but the French are obsessed with preserving their culture, as evidenced by l'Academie Francaise and their national dislike of things non-French. Try buying a bottle of non-French wine on one of their hypermarkets, you're more likely to find a pork joint in a Jewish quarter.:roll:

It's not about the Muslims, It's about the French but Plain Talker took it personally :)

The French have a history of xenophobia, they despise 'Les Arabes', as they refer to them.

I haven't taken it personally, USUK. I'm objecting on the same grounds as Suffragette above.

The nuns will be fine wearing their habits:- they aren't "dirty Muzzies", which is basically, and primarily who this bigoted and highly skewed legislation is aimed at.
Your words not theirs.

The ruling about "No ostentatious show of religion", apparently, doesn't extend to massive crosses and wimples, or priestly vestments. It's only going to affect the ordinary, veil-wearing Muslim woman in the street, and punish her.
Yeh they have been punished enough having to hide themselves from society.

Oh ang on...

I'm sorely tempted to exchange my Hijaab (scarf) for a full bloomin' burqa or niqaab, out of sheer contrariness and to show solidarity with these women.
Don't let us stop you (not until we can get it in law anyhow).

Hey maybe your feller will make you wear it out of solidarity ?

The nuns will be fine wearing their habits:- they aren't "dirty Muzzies", which is basically, and primarily who this bigoted and highly skewed legislation is aimed at.

The ruling about "No ostentatious show of religion", apparently, doesn't extend to massive crosses and wimples, or priestly vestments. It's only going to affect the ordinary, veil-wearing Muslim woman in the street, and punish her.

I'm sorely tempted to exchange my Hijaab (scarf) for a full bloomin' burqa or niqaab, out of sheer contrariness and to show solidarity with these women.

Is the Pope visiting France any time soon? They should ban his attire too. What about Muslim men in their traditional dress?

Did they say that they were threatened ?

Or that women should not be subjected to having to wear such a garment in a country that tries to promote 'liberty' ?

lib·er·ty (lbr-t)

n. pl. lib·er·ties

The condition of being free from restriction or control.

Now before you say 'but the govt is controlling with this vote', the govt have the right to do what the majority see for the best, and not what some bloke wants to do to his slave of a wife.

Or that women should not be subjected to having to wear such a garment in a country that tries to promote 'liberty' ?

lib·er·ty (lbr-t)

n. pl. lib·er·ties

Now before you say 'but the govt is controlling with this vote', the govt have the right to do what the majority see for the best, and not what some bloke wants to do to his slave of a wife.

You've just described the Third Reich. Apparently they controlled for the good of the people.

Remove liberty in the name of liberty...you couldn't make it up. :loopy:

lib·er·ty (lbr-t)

n. pl. lib·er·ties

I agree with you that women should not be forced into donning this garment, however, banning the wearing of it is just substituting one form of oppression with another. Either she will be confined to her home or when she does leave, will feel naked, exposed and vulnerable, neither of those scenarios is desirable in the slightest.

Archived