Way to go France (finally)

USUK

Did they say that they were threatened ?

Or that women should not be subjected to having to wear such a garment in a country that tries to promote 'liberty' ?

I was responing to the post about the French wishing to preserve their culture.

lib·er·ty (lbr-t)

n. pl. lib·er·ties

The condition of being free from restriction or control.

Now before you say 'but the govt is controlling with this vote', the govt have the right to do what the majority see for the best, and not what some bloke wants to do to his slave of a wife.

What about the woman who wants to wear it of her own free will?

On a lighter note...

2 criminals held under a citizans arrest are forced to dance in the living room of the arrestee, recording them while they waited for police :hihi:

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/211717/Graffiti-Vandals-Forced-to-Dance.html

Now that's justice, shame they didn't make them do it naked! :hihi:

I agree with you that women should not be forced into donning this garment, however, banning the wearing of it is just substituting one form of oppression with another. Either she will be confined to her home or when she does leave, will feel naked, exposed and vulnerable, neither of those scenarios is desirable in the slightest.

thats what ive said all along :suspect::help:

You've just described the Third Reich. Apparently they controlled for the good of the people.

Remove liberty in the name of liberty...you couldn't make it up. :loopy:

May I beat PT to proclaiming a Godwin? :D

Actually this is the second time today France has been likened to the Third Reich, one of the Justice Ministers in the Hague was having them over for paying the gypsies to leave the country. Merde, those evil Frenchies! ;)

May I beat PT to proclaiming a Godwin? :D

Actually this is the second time today France has been likened to the Third Reich, one of the Justice Ministers in the Hague was having them over for paying the gypsies to leave the country. Merde, those evil Frenchies! ;)

Dohhh! You just beat me to it, Ruby!!

The French are quite keen on cultural hegemony. I've lived in France for two years on two separate occasions, they're quite vociferous in their dislike of virtually everybody. I copped loads of abuse by virtue of being English, they hate us!

It isn't just we English. There aren't many folk they DO like! lol.

Archived